Today

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Had all different species calling before legal, then 10 minutes after, they all left have no idea where, it was snowing pretty good.

Goose came in at 830, black at 930. Had some gadwal kick in outside the decoys.

Peak of the migration
20231230_093551.jpg20231230_080543.jpg

WOODIE13

Birdcast showed the numbers for yesterday, pitiful for here, but GA had decent movement

ghadarits

I definitely noticed a big increase in numbers between Friday morning and Saturday morning. I had the biggest group of Woodies come in Saturday morning that I’ve ever seen and I’ve been doing this for 40 plus years. The wife and I were outside around 10:00-pm Friday night and saw and heard migrating mallards flying high heading south.
This was in middle/South Georgia.

WOODIE13

May try an evening hunt, I believe the birds are arriving in the evenings, catch a cloudy day, possibly be good. In the mornings they are heading out from what my buddies and I have seen, just rest, refuel then role out

WOODIE13

Never seen the nocturnal behavior we are seeing this year. 5,000-15,000 plus coming in every evening, feeding like mad then leaving out before daylight.
They have been doing that a lot here and it seemed to start a couple years ago.

I would normally see that on clear, full moon nights, but now it doesn't matter full moon or not.

Some say it's hunting pressure, but I find that hard to believe.

MudDucker

Staff member
Well my pond loaded up yesterday and then today ... poof, they gone.

ghadarits

Well my pond loaded up yesterday and then today ... poof, they gone.
That’s happened to me more times than I care to think about, but it worked in reverse for a change Saturday morning.

WOODIE13

Looks like the Midwest is getting a few birds, far cry from normal for this time of year.

Latest posts