Toilets gurgling question

tr21

well one should be on the side where the drain comes out of the house. do you know where it turns and goes upstairs, if you had a good plumber hopefully he put a cleanout there and you can carefully open it up. if your toilets stop gurgling your block is upstream. you really should call your plumber , i built my own house from top to bottom and took pictures of all plumbing and elec. runs and will tell you plumbing venting is the only part that took me forever to syfer out. it it either a insufficient venting or ya'll are eating too much fiber and flushing pine logs down it....:)

tr21

if you read this and have that deer in the headlight look hire a plumber and save yourself all the headaches .

Redbow

I suppose your vent pipe is on the top of your house like mine is. Camper34 has good advice, I once had a clog in the sewage pipe where it goes into the septic tank, not completely stopped up but was very slow to drain. A plumber friend of mine got a tennis ball out of one man's vent pipe on top of his house, not once but twice. His son kept throwing the tennis ball just to see if he could ring the vent pope with it. He did and cost his Dad 100 bucks both times..

Ugahunter2013

We dont have any big trees in our yard that would blow leaves etc in it. Nothing from outside could have come down the vent pipe i dont think. Kids are too young to be throwing something up there. That does sound like something i would have done as a kid though.

Tr21- i do have a cleanout.

Calling both the septic and plumber again today. Plumber was supposed to come out yesterday. I personally think its a blockage somewhere.

Redbow

We dont have any big trees in our yard that would blow leaves etc in it. Nothing from outside could have come down the vent pipe i dont think. Kids are too young to be throwing something up there. That does sound like something i would have done as a kid though.

Tr21- i do have a cleanout.

Calling both the septic and plumber again today. Plumber was supposed to come out yesterday. I personally think its a blockage somewhere.
I have heard of a Bird and a Birds nest in the septic vent pipe and a Bat as well.. I wish you good luck with your problem..

The last time I had septic problems was in the distribution box that directs the water from the septic tank to the field lines. A plug came out of the distribution box allowing sand to fill it and got into the field lines also. The plumbing company put epoxy over where the drain plug was and washed out the field lines, haven't had a problem since,,,knock on wood..

tr21

i think your best to get the plumber. but you could open the cleanout if you can get to it without cutting open your sheetrock. open it slowly if you hear air going in your blockage is above there

Ugahunter2013

i think your best to get the plumber. but you could open the cleanout if you can get to it without cutting open your sheetrock. open it slowly if you hear air going in your blockage is above there

yea this is over my head now. Plumber says he is coming out this afternoon.

tr21

well from my dealings with people in construction type businesses you might get him out this week. thats why i did all work myself!

Ugahunter2013

Plumber came out and fed some pex pipe i to the cleanout towards the tank. He got about 6ft or so and felt a blockage. One the blockage got punched out the line cleared. We then flushed all toilets multiple times and he said he saw some brown paper towel like stuff come out. Not sure exactly what that was but glad its fixed now.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Plumber came out and fed some pex pipe i to the cleanout towards the tank. He got about 6ft or so and felt a blockage. One the blockage got punched out the line cleared. We then flushed all toilets multiple times and he said he saw some brown paper towel like stuff come out. Not sure exactly what that was but glad its fixed now.
Glad it’s working.
Someone who was in your house caused the problem, but you know that from what the plumber told you.