Trackrock Hammer-in Spring 2020

Anvil Head

FYI
#38 Trackrock Hammer-in Sping 2020
Date: March 13,14

Blairsville, Ga.
Direction can be found @ https://trackrock.com/
706-745-2420
Great News: Open to all with no admission fee!
Activities: Blade and Blacksmithing, Hawk Forging, Leather crafting and Anything Knife related.
Who: Anyone interested in knives, knife making, Hawks,leather work,collecting, trading, etc.
watch , meet and talk with some of the Souths most talented makers and craftsmen and women.
See discard steel, scrap metal, wood and bone transformed into functional works of art.
General: Craftsmen and visitors from all over the USA and other countries, Finished knives on display and for sale. Materials and Supply vendors, etc.
This is a family oriented event so: BEHAVE!
No unsafe or reckless behavior will be tolerated!
Additional:" Iron in the Hat" event Saturday after lunch to help fund the event. Please bring usable items for this event. This is a great opportunity to grab valuable plunder- knife making materials, parts and pieces.
Strictly voluntary, your participation is encouraged.
Charity Knife Donation: Custom knife will be on display during the event and the drawing will be Saturday pm. Proceeds go to the Makers selected charity.
Accommodations: Trackrock has full hookups and primitive camping available. Blairsville and Young Harris are close by with hotels.
Catered Lunch: BBQ plates will be available on site for Saturday lunch. Pricing set by caterer. (Always reasonable)
Please Contact Scott Garrison if you would like to setup your equipment and lend a hand teaching others our craft, or need any further Information

Bkeepr

See ya there! Haven't been doing much scrimmin..but hoping to get more done this year.

Anvil Head

Bump

Anvil Head

Bump - coming up fast.....bring your rain gear. It's rain or shine.

Bkeepr

I didn't go to Hammer-In. The hospital where I work is going nuts, and I would just hate myself if I were the one to go up there and infect all the old knife making fellers. They are treasures. So I stayed home.

Anvil Head

Missed you Miss Kathy, hate the current situation that kept you from coming. Totally understand. FYI - next one is the weekend of Sept. 25/26 for your calendar. Haven't set a date for the "Rocky Knob Hammer-in" yet due to current circumstances. It's usually in early August.

The Trackrock event went very well. Little less congested than usual, but still a good crowd with lots of hammers working hard for two days. Several youths and a few adults forged their first knives and a lot of veteran smiths got to show off their skills and instruct others. Weather cooperated for the most part - just a little rain off and on, but temps were great. Lot of pics on Fb if you do a search.