Trick or Treat

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
You know, this reminds me. I gotta take that "If I miss that first shot, consider it a warning!" sign down at beginning of the driveway. Don't want to scare away the little goblins and such. :bounce:

sinclair1

You know, this reminds me. I gotta take that "If I miss that first shot, consider it a warning!" sign down at beginning of the driveway. Don't want to scare away the little goblins and such. :bounce:
One year my wife gave water guns with the candy. We found out later some of the Commie moms were upset:flag::flag:

sinclair1

It’s pretty heavy here. They come in golf cart convoys. I am hiding on the patio with the dog

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Trick or treaters around here have been falling off for the past several years.

Too many alternative Halloween festivities. We used to get hundreds. Now we get about 50(edit: 35-40).

Last edited:

bilgerat

Senior
Ive live in the same house since 1986 and have never had a trick or treater

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
None out here in the country where I live but many of the Monroe county churches have activities for the kids tonight and last night and the Sheriff's department does a trunk or treat downtown. There were some activities downtown yesterday for kids too.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Just cut the lights off. I have to revise my estimate down to 35-40.

Kind of a bummer. Hate to see the tradition dying.

Next year we will be in the new house and there won't be trick or treaters.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ain't seen none here. Got some folks up the road with a big bonfire drunk and screeching and hollering and mudbogging on 4wheelers in the cowpasture.

sinclair1

0 at the lake estate tonight . At Fayetteville neighbor said 600 + , thats why I'm at the lake .
we go until 4 bags of candy are gone and then it’s lights out.
Never had one at the lake in 12 years. We spent 8 of the last 12 years on Sinclair.
The new neighborhood is serious about Halloween. About 80% are decked out with full decorations.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Our Church has a shin dig in the parking lot for the kids and is well supervised.

Perfect scenario there.

Doesn't get any better than that.

My wife had always enjoyed going to the door and handing out the candy and oohing & aahhing over the little kids and their costumes. Last year we did the "bowl on the porch" thing due to covid concerns

Yesterday did the "bowl on the porch" thing again. Half-hearted attempt at something she would have approved of.

As far as all the other hoopla over Halloween....we never got into it. It's for kids....little kids, at that.

Party-types driving around in cars/golf carts always scare me for the little kids out walking. Same can be said for the unsupervised kids turned loose in their parents golf carts....zooming around in the dark about to run over folks or flip the things over.

Like a lot of stuff....it doesn't seem to be what it used to be. Maybe it's just my perspective....a father of a 20-something....no longer into it from a child's perspective.