Tugalo - GA side

Sumter

Looking to take my 16' jon boat up there to do some photography/maybe cast a line or two for bluegill. Is the GA side ramp open? Thought I saw it may be having work done and closed but can't find what I thought I read that stated that.

Also believe I've read several times the launch/road is a little sketchy. Good to go with a 4wd and AT's?

greg_n_clayton

4x4 is nessasary. The Yonah campground and ramp was the one closed. Ain't heard anything about Tugalo being closed.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
and because people don't use 4x4 coming back up. They spin, then it catches, then that cycle continues causing the ruts.
This One I agree with.. NOBODY today uses 4x4 until they "need" it. And even I was taught that it was there to get you out of where 2wd couldn't get you through. IF one get's off pavement (on non regular maintained roads) one should use 4x4 (if they have it) the entire time (AND take it easy. IF you see something you don't think 4x4 can get you out off... turn around. K.I.S.S.!

Geffellz18

Is there a park there for the wife to sit while i float fish?

Thxs

No park, but there’s a dock I believe. Been awhile since I ventured down to it.
Definitely need 4x4 to get back out if pulling anything at all.
I was one of “those” that didn’t use it coming out, but should have. I took it easy though & didn’t sling gravel much, but should of had it in 4H regardless.