Turkey stamp bill introduced

Dupree

I support this, so long as the money will be used for something good. In addition to the extra money it will add, it will also give better data on how many people actually hunt turkeys in Georgia.

tr21

the problem with this is not 1 dime will go to help wildlife in the end. it sounds great but in the end the money will be used to build a big nice park in downtown ATL to give the residents somewhere use and sell drugs and commit all sorts of other crimes. But they'll get us to support it by saying it will go only toward wildlife improvement ! ;););)

transfixer

I noticed when I renewed my license recently they now automatically include the hard card when you're checking out, you have to manually remove it if you don't want it. I suppose that was in response to many of us stating we would NOT be paying for the hard card since that money was apparently going to social media influencers like the hunting public ?

So now instead of leaving turkey in the "big game" category, they are proposing to charge extra if you want to hunt turkey ? lol, they're going to find a way to get more money one way or another aren't they ?

I've absolutely lost faith in the DNR to serve the best interests of hunters and fisherman in our state, they seem to be influenced by a variety of sources which are not hunters or fishermen, or outdoorsmen for that matter

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Some kid will get his doctorate doing another high dollar DNR study that will have zero impact on the wild turkey population.

Gadget

I noticed when I renewed my license recently they now automatically include the hard card when you're checking out, you have to manually remove it if you don't want it. I suppose that was in response to many of us stating we would NOT be paying for the hard card since that money was apparently going to social media influencers like the hunting public ?

So now instead of leaving turkey in the "big game" category, they are proposing to charge extra if you want to hunt turkey ? lol, they're going to find a way to get more money one way or another aren't they ?

I've absolutely lost faith in the DNR to serve the best interests of hunters and fisherman in our state, they seem to be influenced by a variety of sources which are not hunters or fishermen, or outdoorsmen for that matter

agreed but they will never get another dime from me, I've had my lifetime license for over 20yrs now.....muahahah

Dr. Strangelove

I am licensed in 3 states.
I kick myself in the rear every time I renew my license. I should have bought NC and FL lifetime licenses when I lived there and GA years ago. At my age a GA lifetime would be kind of a wash, though I guess it would protect me from future price increases.

I do buy a NC fishing license and trout stamp every year (family there) and used to buy a SC every year as well but don't really have any reason to do so anymore.

It adds up.

Gator89

I kick myself in the rear every time I renew my license. I should have bought NC and FL lifetime licenses when I lived there and GA years ago. At my age a GA lifetime would be kind of a wash, though I guess it would protect me from future price increases.

I do buy a NC fishing license and trout stamp every year (family there) and used to buy a SC every year as well but don't really have any reason to do so anymore.

It adds up.

If only I had dropped 3 Benjies when I lived in Alabama in the 1990's.