Turkey stamp bill introduced

Long Cut

We had Waterfowl Stamps, now Turkeys..

How about Quail next? Deer need help from CWD, too. Let’s consider Dove, being their Migratory birds. We’ll need a Woodcock Stamp as well…

What a Joke.

-For the record, I’m all for a Stamp IF I know those funds will 100% be used to support that Game species.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Time to go outlaw!

Florida has a turkey permit, $10.00 for resident and 125 for non so GA is just following another states lead.

Dupree

Time to go outlaw!

Florida has a turkey permit, $10.00 for resident and 125 for non so GA is just following another states lead.
Arkansas made one a few years ago that was voluntary (I believe) and sold a ton of them.

Mossy oak has been selling stamps and making a bunch of money also.

Me personally, I don’t think that throwing money at more research is what needs to be done with stamp funds (assuming it passed). If that money could be put into an account and buy up land every year or two that would benefit turkeys (and other wildlife) than research. The main thing all biologists agree on is habitat is the biggest issue. If the state was using money from a stamp to buy land , that’s definitely better habitat than a subdivision, a solar farm, or an Amazon distribution center.

turkeykirk

Arkansas made one a few years ago that was voluntary (I believe) and sold a ton of them.

Me personally, I don’t think that throwing money at more research is what needs to be done with stamp funds (assuming it passed). If that money could be put into an account and buy up land every year or two that would benefit turkeys (and other wildlife) than research. The main thing all biologists agree on is habitat is the biggest issue. If the state was using money from a stamp to buy land , that’s definitely better habitat than a subdivision, a solar farm, or an Amazon distribution center.
I know of at least 3500 acres cleared around here for warehouses. All that land held turkeys. Won’t have any ever again unless they are frozen in a warehouse cold storage.

Long Cut

Amen!

I’d gladly pay $100+ a season IF that money went specifically towards buying more land for WMA’s.

The research is good and all, but if there’s no land left to implement such practices, well….

ucfireman

I'm sure the stamp will be voluntary to purchase.
I'm sure it will be mandatory to purchase if you want to hunt turkeys.
I'm sure the extra money will go to the general fund, just like the tire tax did, as well as many others did.

Or take that 11 BILLION and use some to buy Pine Log,

Make the dang temporary rule changes needed and buy it.

ucfireman

As much as I HATE KEMP, I have to disagree with ya.....
I'm not an expert on these subjects but,
Their retirement packages more than make up for their compensation while working.
Kemp always saves that for government workers and poor underpaid teachers. Never for the taxpayer to benefit
He did give a 200 or 250 rebate a few years ago. While nice, I would have rather the state kept the money and bought lands with it. My 0.02.

Man sounds like a good ol redneck but he aint.

Sixes

Buckman18

I like parts of it..

I'm all for charging non-residents more money. They get off WAY too cheap right now. Supply and Demand... available hunting land is going down, and the more non res hunters we allow means that I have to pay more for my lease. Charge the CARP out of them. Maybe they'll stay home.

As far as the residents stamp, how is this money going to improve land I already own or lease? What about the public land i use?

bighonkinjeep

On the other side of the coin I've got working class family in a couple of neighboring states. The traditions of getting family together to hunt each others properties has gotten dang near cost prohibitive. Adding cost especially right now is a bummer. Its already better than a grand in government licenses to get brothers grown kids nephews neices together and hunt. Their ought to at least be an exemption for property owners and their family from out of state.
We do what we gotta to remain legal but we aint gotta like it...

Why should a fella living in a tri state area have to have 3 licenses 2 of them with crazy "out of state" price tags just to hunt with his buddies and family within 30 miles of his house? You reckon the animals know or care when theyve crossed state lines?

Im thinking sportsmen need to be pushing for reciporcity ( like with carry permits) instead of taxing the fool out of each other.

Last edited: