Tybee reds and flounder

Seanote

Got a late start Friday- put in at 1:00 PM Netted a few mullet and got no action on the first spot. We moved to try another area and hooked up with a nice 25" red. After a couple of nice flounder we began catching rats. My partner, fishing a flounder rig, had double hookups twice on the rats. We ended up releasing 6 flounder several 14-15" reds and caught about 15 short flounder and reds.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Awesome! Me and the fam will be down around Doboy next weekend. Hope the bite is good. Gotta ask... What are you referring to as a rat? A short flounder or red? Or something else? Sorry for the ignorance

Seanote

Small reds are often referred to as rats. No ignorance there, I didn't know that either at some point. I have been catching trout, reds, and flounder lately at a pretty good rate. Mostly catching trout on a DOA with a small split shot about a foot up the leader. Finger mullet have been the bait of choice for flounder and reds. They are literally everywhere right now. I am fishing very close to the ocean.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Small reds are often referred to as rats. No ignorance there, I didn't know that either at some point. I have been catching trout, reds, and flounder lately at a pretty good rate. Mostly catching trout on a DOA with a small split shot about a foot up the leader. Finger mullet have been the bait of choice for flounder and reds. They are literally everywhere right now. I am fishing very close to the ocean.
Thanks pal!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Great pics. Thanks got sharing!