Vaccine

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I waited a couple weeks after the covid booster to get the flu shot. No reactions to speak of. My wife got the flu shot and the shingles shot at the same time last year, and she was laid up for three days.

I've heard that shingle shot will put you down. :eek:
I got the Moderna booster and then the flu vaccine the following week .
My doctor said he had a fever for four days after the shingles vaccine which scarred me but know people who have had it in their eye for months so I think I
am going to get the shingles vaccine . Old **** at 71 .

Stainlessman

My girlfriend is 53. She got the shingle vaccine this past summer. I think she felt run down a day or so.
I got shingles when I was going through divorce 11 yrs ago. Not fun. So I'd recommend getting it if your old enough.

Stainlessman

My girlfriend is 53. She got the shingle vaccine this past summer. I think she felt run down a day or so.
I got shingles when I was going through divorce 11 yrs ago. Not fun. So I'd recommend getting it if your old enough.

Bigtimber

Aunt got the second covid shot a two months ago. A month later got covid...and it got pretty serious. I wouldn't trust the shot as a cure all like your good to go. You can certainly still get covid and spread it vaccinated or not.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Aunt got the second covid shot a two months ago. A month later got covid...and it got pretty serious. I wouldn't trust the shot as a cure all like your good to go. You can certainly still get covid and spread it vaccinated or not.
Yeah, it's not foolproof at all. I do think they help, though.

Stainlessman

I've know two vaccinated children who got covid.
I believe if the vaccinated person case is severe then without the vaccine they would of died. One person I know was told this by the doctor.
It's not full proof. But it's better then meeting Jesus to early.

Lilly001

Well I decided to get the booster, the whooping cough, and the shingles.
I'll get the pneumonia later and maybe the regular flu.
BUT then, before I could get any, my mother goes in the hospital with a severe illness that we thought she might not survive.
So I drive myself and the three pups down to Fl. (Wife is already there for medical stuff of her own). I left the pups with my son and I stayed in a motel.
Moms doing better so today I drove myself and the pup back to Ga.
I will try again this next week for the shots (they only stick you on Wednesday) so I'm ready the next time my plans are changed.