Vaccine

Lilly001

My son and his wife just had my second grandchild. My first granddaughter.
I am planning to visit them after the first of the year.
I am vaccinated for Covid but plan to get the booster before I go.
I am also considering the regular flu, whooping cough, and the pneumonia vaccine.
I’ve decided that these make sense for me in my situation.
My question is has anyone had other vaccines with the booster?
Any issues?
Walgreens says there is no problem with any interaction that they are aware of.
Thank you for your input.

Lilly001

I also have a call into my Doctor asking the same questions.

LTFDretired

I have had the COVID shots, the COVID booster, flu shots for older adults, shingles and whatever else the doc recommended. Reactions I have had : 1. Shingles. Even after the shot I got it. However, I found out only when I went to the doc for a regular check up and she noticed I had the blotches. No pain, no itch. So, the Shingles shot made the effect so much less. My mother got it and she was hurting bad from it. 2. COVID. First shot, nothing. Follow up shot pain in the arm. Doc said CVS hit a muscle and sure enough, the slight tightness went away In a day or two. 3. Flu shots. Most years I never get the flu. I think I did get it once over that time but it was not as bad as a full on flu.
so, I am a pro vaccine guy. I also got other shots that were required by the FD but I am past that regime now.

Lilly001

I have had the COVID shots, the COVID booster, flu shots for older adults, shingles and whatever else the doc recommended. Reactions I have had : 1. Shingles. Even after the shot I got it. However, I found out only when I went to the doc for a regular check up and she noticed I had the blotches. No pain, no itch. So, the Shingles shot made the effect so much less. My mother got it and she was hurting bad from it. 2. COVID. First shot, nothing. Follow up shot pain in the arm. Doc said CVS hit a muscle and sure enough, the slight tightness went away In a day or two. 3. Flu shots. Most years I never get the flu. I think I did get it once over that time but it was not as bad as a full on flu.
so, I am a pro vaccine guy. I also got other shots that were required by the FD but I am past that regime now.
Thanks.
I forgot about shingles.
I may add that.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I lost a high school classmate last week. He got the booster vax and a flue shot on the same day and passed 3 days later. They did an autopsy because the death was so unexpected and found that he had a previously undiagnosed case of leukemia. I am not sure how the vaxes interacted with the existing disease but they seem to have.

Last edited:

GeorgiaBob

Before getting the mRNA "booster" I suggest you look at the vaccine adverse events reporting system (VAERS) at the adverse reactions to the mRNA shots and then talk to your doctor. The media, the CDC, and the FDA are not discussing adverse reactions, but there have been a lot of them and some bad reactions appear to be concentrated in certain grouping, either age, specific health issues, or type of shot.

While the mRNA shots lose their effectiveness very quickly, it appears that the boosters may be even less effective from the start. check the facts and ask for real medical advice.

Stainlessman

Since the Delta variant has shown up here in southern Maine. Folks dieing like crazy. I have a good friend who would not get the vaccine cought the virus in hospital 5 days passed away last Friday. He walked 10-15 miles a day several days a week. Rode road bicycle also. Never drank or smoked. Was fit to say the least. But stubborn. I can't convince him to get it. He died for no reason whatsoever.

Geffellz18

There should be zero issue with receiving all of the aforementioned vaccines together.
The most important one to get before visiting the little one would be the T-dap(whooping cough) vaccine.

Stainlessman

Stay healthy and dont need to go to the hospital as there is no room. The hallway have a piece of tape on the wall
Hallway 6 -space 3, hallway 6- space 4,
Ect
Unbelievably really

GeorgiaBob

Stay healthy and dont need to go to the hospital as there is no room. The hallway have a piece of tape on the wall
Hallway 6 -space 3, hallway 6- space 4,
Ect
Unbelievably really

Interesting that you would say that. What hospital in Maine are you visiting?

I ask because I looked at hospital occupancy in Maine and couldn't find anywhere that covid patients or overall occupancy was significantly changed over the last 6 months.

https://data.fosters.com/covid-19-hospital-capacity/maine/23/

Jdmb123

I ask because I looked at hospital occupancy in Maine and couldn't find anywhere that covid patients or overall occupancy was significantly changed over the last 6 months.

The difference in perception, vs reality has been the downfall this last year. A hospital is a business not a heavenly oasis of perfection. Meaning They could get a backlog of hemorrhoidectomies, because of not ordering enough materials (their shortsightedness), but in a blink some could say “hemorrhoid crisis sweeping Dekalb co”

Beehaw

If you are getting the shots for a grandchild, I would also consider that nobody is less affected by this virus than kids.

longrangedog

I got the moderna booster and high dose flu shot the same day in the same arm and my elbow was swollen and sore the next morning. Should have gotten one in each arm to help identify which caused the swelling and soreness. After a couple days the swelling and soreness was gone so that in the end it didn't really matter.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Pneumonia a killer. Recommend getting vaccinated for this as well. Takes two injections. Walgreens has it.

killerv

I lost a high school classmate last week. He got the booster vax and a flue shot on the same day and passed 3 days later. They did an autopsy because the death was so unexpected and found that he had a previously diagnosed case of leukemia. I am not sure how the vaxes interacted with the existing disease but they seem to have.

hate to hear that. Did you mean undiagnosed? I figured they would have all that info in his medical records instead.

Big7

The Oracle
My son and his wife just had my second grandchild. My first granddaughter.
I am planning to visit them after the first of the year.
I am vaccinated for Covid but plan to get the booster before I go.
I am also considering the regular flu, whooping cough, and the pneumonia vaccine.
I’ve decided that these make sense for me in my situation.
My question is has anyone had other vaccines with the booster?
Any issues?
Walgreens says there is no problem with any interaction that they are aware of.
Thank you for your input.

No problem getting them all. I got everything except shingles.

I got the covid jab and still tested positive with ZERO symptoms.

I would get a PCR test to make sure you don't have it. You could and not know it. I would have never known.

Only reason I got tested was because several folks I was giving rides to had it. I wanted to make sure before I got around my 82 y/o Mama.

The test is free and takes 15- 20 minutes for the result.

Stainlessman

York hospital in York Maine
Biddeford hospital
CMMC in Lewiston Maine
My mother inlaw was just at CMMC spent two days in the hallway until a maternity room opened up.
Shes 92 yrs old. Its not a made up story.
I was there.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
York hospital in York Maine
Biddeford hospital
CMMC in Lewiston Maine
My mother inlaw was just at CMMC spent two days in the hallway until a maternity room opened up.
Shes 92 yrs old. Its not a made up story.
I was there.
Not to pry, but what was your 92 year old mom in the maternity ward for????:oops:

Latest posts