Walkin' The Line on a frosty morning...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
My thoughts are turning to trapping with the cool weather so this morning me and Prissy (the dog) took a long slow stroll thru my "back 80" looking for sign...

We got deer, squirrels, possums, coons, wabbits, and even a few ducks.

But there ain't even a single coyote track on my place...

Last spring, I was eat up with sign, and I had no doubt that the enemy was in my camp.

I got no interest in catching coons and possums, so I guess trappin' season is on hold.

Never thought I would be WISHING for a fresh yote dump...:LOL:

I got a couple more places close by I can check, and I still have permission at work.

Guess I did too good a job around the house...

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That’s good news ! Most people I talk to or read about say removing coyotes does little good . I’ve always heard they would replace the removed ones fairly quick . I’ve noticed the opposite , I went from tracks everywhere and trail cam pictures often to only a occasional one after removing 19 in a couple springs

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Well I am sure that when I caught the nursing female, that hit em a hard lick...

After shooting one, catching four, and the probable death of a litter of pups, I noticed a big change in the back yard this summer.

I had more quail and
rabbits, and I even had a few turkey sightings.

Never had turkeys in the yard before.

I have always had plenty of deer, but there seemed to be more daytime sightings, which suggests easier going more relaxed animals.

Removing coyotes without a doubt helped my area of operation.

2dye4

That’s good news ! Most people I talk to or read about say removing coyotes does little good . I’ve always heard they would replace the removed ones fairly quick . I’ve noticed the opposite , I went from tracks everywhere and trail cam pictures often to only a occasional one after removing 19 in a couple springs
i have caught 31 in 1 year and the trail cam pictures show it because we are getting more pictures of nice bucks on our place.

Attachments

• DD6BA595-767E-4305-9279-3CBEC5C9B713.jpeg
    DD6BA595-767E-4305-9279-3CBEC5C9B713.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 30

Doug B.

Well I am sure that when I caught the nursing female, that hit em a hard lick...

After shooting one, catching four, and the probable death of a litter of pups, I noticed a big change in the back yard this summer.

I had more quail and
rabbits, and I even had a few turkey sightings.

Never had turkeys in the yard before.

I have always had plenty of deer, but there seemed to be more daytime sightings, which suggests easier going more relaxed animals.

Removing coyotes without a doubt helped my area of operation.
They know not to come around your back door!::ke:

Actually, you did good. You went from shooting one and not finding it, to being able to catch them in un-ideal conditions. I would call you a trapper!!!!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
They know not to come around your back door!::ke:

Actually, you did good. You went from shooting one and not finding it, to being able to catch them in un-ideal conditions. I would call you a trapper!!!!

Thanky Sir!

I drove a tugboat one time, but that don't make me a harbor pilot...:rofl::cheers:

I'm eager to have a new war to wage, and see if I can pull off a repeat!!