Was Jesus the Burning Bush?

Artfuldodger

I was thinking about this from Timothy 3:16 "He who was manifested in the flesh."
That got me thinking about the burning bush.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
I’d say no and the reason is it’s God that manifest into…….

I believe it’s God in all of it.

Artfuldodger

“The nine most terrifying words in the English language are ‘I’m from the government and I’m here to help.’ “

— Ronald Reagan

The four most terrifying words ^^^^

;)
What about it got me wondering or it struck my interest? I wonder if I'm the first one who ever wondered about the burning bush being Jesus.
They were both physical manifestations of the spiritual God.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
What about it got me wondering or it struck my interest? I wonder if I'm the first one who ever wondered about the burning bush being Jesus.
no you are not the only one. I believe that it was a Christophany. There are several in the Bible.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Definitely not the Inuktitut one. Check this out:

Daniel 3
23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell bound into the burning fiery furnace.
24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” 25 He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Definitely not the Inuktitut one. Check this out:

Daniel 3
23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell bound into the burning fiery furnace.
24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” 25 He answered and said, “But I see four men unbound, walking in the midst of the fire, and they are not hurt; and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.”
that is another one.

and if you look at Genesis 18 when Abraham was told he was going to have a son, there where 3 who appeared and accepted Abrahams worship...

gordon 2

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. John 1:18

Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank. Exodus 24:9-11

I think you were onto something in agreement with scripture. Don't forget that from the Burning Bush words came, from which we by faith know it is His declaration and from which God is declared to all.

It seems to me that what John is saying is that at no time was God seen ( declared) other than by Jesus who is the only begotten Son and so especially if Exodus says that Moses and Aaron and others had seen God it follows that Jesus was there and they could "see" Him. Him that had hand( or metaphorically did not raise his hand) and had feet that were on "something" like a pavement. Then the God of Israel they saw.

Possibly one should do a word search on to see or saw in the context of the the original words of scripture Greek or others.

"The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. Hebrews 1:2

Last edited:

Madman

Some Church Fathers taught this was an indication of the Holy Trinity since, as in other Theophanies, the description vacillates between a messenger of God, aka angel, not one with wings but one who brings the message, of which Christ was as God incarnate, and God the Father.

An interesting read:

The Jewish Trinity: When Rabbis Believed in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
Book by Yoel Natan