Weapons Carry License Permit Renewal for COBB COUNTY

NWS

My permit is coming up for renewal and had a question / discussion item. I went online to check to see what the current process is. It looks like Cobb County has a renewal process for Cobb County permit holders to simply fill out a renewal application form and send it in via mail. You can also set an appointment to renew face to face at the Probate Court like in the past.

The form is required to be notarized, and this is kind of where I would like to get some feedback & thoughts. My local bank offers a free notary service, but I’ve got second thoughts about going to my local bank asking them to renew a weapons license form. Not sure if they really need to know that information. What are your thoughts on this? Would it be better to go in person to the probate court and do it face-to-face. or get it notarized ? It’s easier for me to just get it notarized since my banks are around the corner and it’s a free service instead of driving all the way into Marietta. Any thoughts on having your bank notarize your weapons renewal license?

pjciii

It is really not telling your bank any more than a conceal permit. Doesn't tell them how many or what kinds. Doesn't Publix provide notary service for a charge?

NWS

Thanks for the feedback. I was probably just being a little paranoid about letting the bank know that I am a “weapons owner”. You never know what data they’re collecting on everyone however they probably already know that information anyway so no big deal.

Lilly001

I doubt that the bank would keep any record of your visit beyond the clerks daily account of what he did that day.
While I’m on board with not trusting anyone in corporate America I think this qualifies as a non concern.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Thanks for the feedback. I was probably just being a little paranoid about letting the bank know that I am a “weapons owner”. You never know what data they’re collecting on everyone however they probably already know that information anyway so no big deal.
If you have a carry license the county,state, and feds already know you’ve got one and all your income and personal information.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I would just go to probate. There is a 30 day grace period after it expires so you don't have to get finger printed again. Seems like renewal costed $38 a few years ago.

sbroadwell

Whatever you do..don’t let it expire.! You’ll have to repeat the (whole) process over & pay for BG check + fingerprinting. Probably around $75 now.
That is absolutely true! I let mine expire, had to do the whole rigamarole again, and pay a lot more.

breathe in

don't know about notarizing forms, but some banks are closing accounts after folks have bought guns using their bank debit/cc.

Erik erickson mentioned last week it happened to a friend of his. guy had a few million in different accounts with the bank and they closed all of them.