Weekends and Rain

DynamicDennis

Not sure if it is just me or not. I normally plan well in advance when I plan on going to hunting camp, and I always keep up with the weather. Last weekend 20% chance of rain Saturday, 80% chance of rain severe storms Sunday. Sounds great for a Saturday hunting trip, leave early Sunday to head home for Easter. Fast forward to Saturday morning 630am, standing in the dark and waiting on a gobble when I notice the first lightning strike. Figured we'd have some time, 650am the rain starts. We sat it out until 830 or so and headed back to camp to dry off. Rain lets up 930 or so, perfect let's go see if we can get one to gobble. Worked like a charm went to the property line and hit a call, bird hammers back at me. We scramble to get set up, bird is gobbling his head off and last I hear he had cut the distance in half. We get sat down, rains hard for a solid 25-30 mins. Never did hear that bird again. Just frustrating some days. I know that I could be a heck of a weather man, maybe I missed my calling.

Buford_Dawg

Yes, the rain this last weekend pushed me home from camp late Friday night unfortunately. I am basically a weekend hunter and the weather so far this year has cut out majority of my hunts.

DynamicDennis

Yes, the rain this last weekend pushed me home from camp late Friday night unfortunately. I am basically a weekend hunter and the weather so far this year has cut out majority of my hunts.
I hate to put this out there but I am a Florida guy, so I am a weekend hunter as well. That $200 in fuel really stings when you get rained out.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
This weekend was great in WV, but today it's absolutely pouring on the opener 20220418_082359.jpg

WOODIE13

Supposed to snow tonight too

WOODIE13

Here comes the sleet, yay:popknot:

WOODIE13

Glad I brought the blind

WOODIE13

Now a winter storm advisory

WOODIE13

Called in a hen, now I have 3 gobblers at 100 yards

WOODIE13

Got one to gobble 3 times, got within 60 yards and here come two hens, end of story

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
My weekends are Tuesday and Wednesday and I haven’t exactly had the best weather days either. I try to stay up with the forecasts, but The weather predictions can be so bad, I basically look at the radar when it’s time to go, then decide on what to do. The most frustrating thing is when you don’t go cause it’s gonna rain, then it doesn’t. I’d rather go and sit in the truck for a while.