Grandson’s First Turkey

turkeyhuntinfool

My 5 year old grandson Austin Henkel killed his first turkey this morning in Green County. It was a wonderful hunt with a lot of gobbling in several directions. We heard a minimum of 7 gobblers with one big gobbler approaching our blind from the rear within 10 yards. Austin was hunting with both of his grand dads and his dad in the two blinds set together on the edge of a large food plot. He shot his bird with an Stevens 301 in 410 with Apex Ninja 9s. We attached his gun to a Bog Pod tripod with a Death Grip to allow him help with the pivotal head in getting on the bird. The gun has a Burris Fast Fire 2 on it. Austin also picked up a matched set of recently shed horns in the plot. Needless he had a great time and wants to go again ASAP. I have been hunting turkeys for over 51years and this was by far the best hunt I have ever been on !!!
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4441.jpeg
    IMG_4441.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 111

turkeykirk

Nice!

Hawken2222

Good stuff Congrats

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Perfect!

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic! Congrats to all!

Duff

So good!

He will cherish that pic with both his grandads one day. Great job young fella!

tr21

congrats to that young man. he's going to be a sharp shooter for sure. just patterned my new 301 with ninja's and at 10yds you had better be on him good or your going to miss ! hopefully he got the bug and will enjoy many years in the turkey woods :clap:

Latest posts