Weekly catch thread 1/31

sportsman94

Finally caught my first coyote on the property I set last Sunday. I missed another yote at a flat set where he seemed to step all over my pan. I took a beaver carcass I caught last week and put it on the property line staked down against a berm. Covered it with straw/grass to keep the buzzards from finding it and waited. It finally got hit a few nights ago. They pulled it into a pasture and ate a good bit of the back and belly that first night. I carried it back to the berm and buried it, covered with grass, and set a trap in front. I went back to the original place I had the carcass and staked a beaver hide then put some ground up bobcat meat and castor gland underneath it. Pulled up today and had this young female

91E9325C-C6CF-417F-9B46-1CCEA3E0AB85.jpeg

fatback

Great check! Is that an mb450 on the cat? I’ve got some, but mostly only set them where I have a heavy population of foxes. Those places are getting fewer and fewer!
Yes sir , MB 450 offset. I have a mixture of the 450s and 550s set. I’ve caught and held plenty of yotes in the 450s so I feel pretty good about having them out and I usually catch quite a few grey foxes on this place but haven’t caught any yet this year.

Today. Big male.

Marshmellow stuffed under the trigger with a topping of cat food....they cant resist it.

I forgot to mention and as a reminder to everyone make sure you tighten your quick links with a wrench.......this guy had mine unscrewed the whole way. Miracle that he didnt get away.

QCMX1380.JPG

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised I didn't pull a double yet. I dont think big coons like this run with other coons though....he was a really big coon. Being in Franklin county I dont think I'm helping a non-existant turkey population but ya got to try to remove some of these predators if you want to have a voice in the complaining section of the forum. lol

2dye4

I'm a little surprised I didn't pull a double yet. I dont think big coons like this run with other coons though....he was a really big coon. Being in Franklin county I dont think I'm helping a non-existant turkey population but ya got to try to remove some of these predators if you want to have a voice in the complaining section of the forum. lol
Well, I promise you the non-existence will not get better if we all don’t do something about it. But it looks like a lot more are jumping on the band wagon of doing our fair share.
Keep up the good work EVERYONE!