Went all gourmet for sunday's breakfast

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Going strong on carb cutting makes it hard to get veggies in sometimes so adding em to eggs is a natural. Bread is zero carb and decent toasted with butter. Worked late every day this week and didn't have any rememberable meals so here goes!

Scrambled eggs with onion, shrooms, spinach, extra sharp cheddar and some Cayenne pepper and paprika. Eggs color changed with the spices and sauteed mushrooms. They won't win a presentation award, but edible. Didn't care for the mushrooms in the eggs, but always love spinach and onions.

Was gonna fry up a hot dog, but remembered that I had a little bacon left so I just dropped it in air fryer while I finished the eggs.

I like my toast like momma always made it...in the oven on broil and it almost got away from me ?.

20210307_090827.jpg20210307_090958.jpg20210307_091114.jpg20210307_091849.jpg

TJay

That's the way to start the day! Jim you probably already know this but Mission makes a carb smart flour tortilla that is very good. If you're restricting your carb intake they are a good alternative to the traditional type.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
That's the way to start the day! Jim you probably already know this but Mission makes a carb smart flour tortilla that is very good. If you're restricting your carb intake they are a good alternative to the traditional type.

Thx man

I'm not sure the brand I had, but a few days ago I rolled up a pepper jack cheese stick in one and popped in micro for 20 secs or so. Was a dang fine quick cheese wrap.

I guess I'm lucky that even during deer season when I eat my body weight every day, I don't normally crave breads but every once in a while it hits and the no or low carb breads or wraps fix that craving for sure.b

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Whaddya know? Lil grocery here in town has the mission brand so I grabbed some which saved me a trip next town over to the devil that walmart is.

A stir fry may be in the works.

pop pop jones

And really tasty.

Stroker

Going strong on carb cutting makes it hard to get veggies in sometimes so adding em to eggs is a natural. Bread is zero carb and decent toasted with butter. Worked late every day this week and didn't have any rememberable meals so here goes!

Scrambled eggs with onion, shrooms, spinach, extra sharp cheddar and some Cayenne pepper and paprika. Eggs color changed with the spices and sauteed mushrooms. They won't win a presentation award, but edible. Didn't care for the mushrooms in the eggs, but always love spinach and onions.

Was gonna fry up a hot dog, but remembered that I had a little bacon left so I just dropped it in air fryer while I finished the eggs.

I like my toast like momma always made it...in the oven on broil and it almost got away from me ?.

View attachment 1070563View attachment 1070564View attachment 1070565View attachment 1070566
That's the same way my momma has always made toast, and after 69 years it's still my favorite way. Only thang that can top it is her biscuits.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
That's the same way my momma has always made toast, and after 69 years it's still my favorite way. Only thang that can top it is her biscuits.

And its great for making some pocketbook jelly sandwiches. Make the toast like that, load up with grape jelly and fold over