West point crappie??

hunter44a

Just wondering how the west point crappie bite is after all the b!d weather we've had?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
The small creeks are really muddy but main lake looks good . I know a couple folks that had good success the past weekend . My dad is going tomorrow , I’ll let you know how he does

dang

DANG !!!
Yep. I’ll second dustin based on my nets…Crappie and carp shallow. Up river yesterday evening the creeks are muddy but overall it wasn’t bad.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
The small creeks are really muddy but main lake looks good . I know a couple folks that had good success the past weekend . My dad is going tomorrow , I’ll let you know how he does
He said they caught a pretty good mess . This is the only picture he sent , my niece , she is in the Navy and headed to California. She wanted to go fishing with papa before she left .5E401F43-85F5-48FC-AEB5-4E982F0E1614.jpeg

KrappieKrane

Fish are still in the coves and they are in all levels of the water column. I caught fish today suspended at 16’down in 32fow and I caught fish in the pockets of the coves sitting on the bottom in 12fow.
Krappie Krane

UPDATE: After cleaning fish, they still have eggs in them. They’re not swole or blood veined so expect a second wave in the spawn.

8442CA02-8D2A-4B5B-9008-6603001BDD39.jpeg

Last edited: