West Point to Franklin Hybrid Run

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
anyone catching any hybrids? Thinkin about trying the shoals in franklin next week.

There are fish around, but you aren't fishing in that area anytime soon...especially looking at the radar today. The river has been trashed for close to two weeks now. Cut will get bites, but you'll need to be way down river out of the current. We need a long trend of dry weather in a bad way right now.

dang

DANG !!!
There are fish around, but you aren't fishing in that area anytime soon...especially looking at the radar today. The river has been trashed for close to two weeks now. Cut will get bites, but you'll need to be way down river out of the current. We need a long trend of dry weather in a bad way right now.
Next week looks like it might dry up some

JROESEL

We need a lot of dry weather, but it doesn’t help either when we get some dry weather and Lanier dumps so much water the river rises by the foot, two weeks ago, I thought we would be golden for the full moon this month, that’s changed and will change again after today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 2

dang

DANG !!!
We need a lot of dry weather, but it doesn’t help either when we get some dry weather and Lanier dumps so much water the river rises by the foot, two weeks ago, I thought we would be golden for the full moon this month, that’s changed and will change again after today
Sheesh.
So then…while we’re on the subject, how do y’all adjust to these conditions? I’d imagine a blown out river can be challenging, but also seems like that heavy of a flow could concentrate fish and bait? Am I dreamin? I’m sure all the mud and silt and what not probably don’t help things either

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I'm trying to pour concrete 4 or 5 days a week and fish the others. Neither have been a walk in the park here lately

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Sheesh.
So then…while we’re on the subject, how do y’all adjust to these conditions? I’d imagine a blown out river can be challenging, but also seems like that heavy of a flow could concentrate fish and bait? Am I dreamin? I’m sure all the mud and silt and what not probably don’t help things either

Basically what I mentioned above. It will definitely congregate the fish. Look for any current breaks. You'll need to be fishing with cut bait. There are different stages of mud and what the fish will tolerate. Straight mud isn't bad and they will usually bite. The worst is as it starts to clear and you get silt clouds. For some reason, that will slow the bite big time.