What’s up with the new moultrie cams?

BassHunter25

Let me start by saying I’ve been using trail cams since they came out. I’ve used all brands. I’ve had lemons in all brands. Some more than others. Got a cheap moultrie last year and it has been great. So this year I Bought two 900i’s. Had out for a couple weeks. Checked twice both had 9 pics of both times.
Took them back. then a guy from club brought me a new moultrie I put it out two weeks same dang think which makes me think I must be doing something wrong. How can all three cams do the same thing and not take pics.
I’m not using them as cell cams. Just regular trail cams. I put my bushnell in the same spot and got two hundred pics in a night.
These new moultries are different set up than I’m used to but after reading directions I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.
Anybody having same problems?

buckshed

What model...I bought one of the D series and it only takes pics the first day I put it out...can't find anywhere in settings as to why...all my other moultries work fine

BassHunter25

Maybe its me but I don't understand what you are asking??
New moultrie cams not taking any pictures. But I have three brand new ones all not taking pictures which makes me think I’m doing something wrong. Anybody else having the same problem?

BassHunter25

What model...I bought one of the D series and it only takes pics the first day I put it out...can't find anywhere in settings as to why...all my other moultries work fine
that’s what this one is doing but it only has pics frim the first few hours then nothing.
the one o have now is a m5 I think. It the others were 900i can’t remember the letter.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
hey all cane with moultrie cards. But I have 30 cards I swap with all my cams. They have done the same with all of them.
Probably a bad camera. I'd take it back or contact them for a replacement. I've read the same issue with those before in other places.

280 Man

Banned
New moultrie cams not taking any pictures. But I have three brand new ones all not taking pictures which makes me think I’m doing something wrong. Anybody else having the same problem?

So you have at least 4 cameras not taking pics. I highly doubt that you are that unlucky to have that many new cameras not working.

What settings are you using? Are the batteries good? You are going to have to give more info than "i have cameras not working".

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
There's multiple users saying they get 10 or 12 pics then nothing. Or it takes pics of them walking away then nothing. No pics at night. Some bought 3 or 4 at once with 2 or 3 having the same issue.

BassHunter25

So you have at least 4 cameras not taking pics. I highly doubt that you are that unlucky to have that many new cameras not working.

What settings are you using? Are the batteries good? You are going to have to give more info than "i have cameras not working".

Thanks for your help?. If you can’t tell from the post. I know how to use trail cams. It’s not batteries or SD cards. Or what settings I’m using.

The question was specifically about the newer moultrie cameras. Whether there is a setting I don’t know about or if they are all junk now.

I have several new moultries this year, all are working fine. I always set them up on a table in the house for a few days to make sure they are working prior to deploying them, since I am 4 hours from the lease.

280 Man

Banned
Thanks for your help?. If you can’t tell from the post. I know how to use trail cams. It’s not batteries or SD cards. Or what settings I’m using.

The question was specifically about the newer moultrie cameras. Whether there is a setting I don’t know about or if they are all junk now.

I wasn't insinuating that you didn't know how or couldn't use cameras. When you come on here and ask open-ended questions without giving no more than "what's up with moultrie cameras" how do you expect anyone to help!

Heres a novel idea.. If you are unhappy with your new cameras give Moultrie a call or e-mail and see if they can help.

For the record, I've got a 2 month old brand, brand new M-900i that is working perfectly.

Hope things work out for you! Good luck this season as well..

I purchased and new 900i as well and it took terrible quality pictures and quit working after the first 15 pictures as well. Exchanged it for a different newer model hopefully this one works I will know this Friday when I go to check it. I have always liked Moultrie cams but there does seem to be the issue with the newer models if this is happening to you as well.

BassHunter25

I wasn't insinuating that you didn't know how or couldn't use cameras. When you come on here and ask open-ended questions without giving no more than "what's up with moultrie cameras" how do you expect anyone to help!

Heres a novel idea.. If you are unhappy with your new cameras give Moultrie a call or e-mail and see if they can help.

For the record, I've got a 2 month old brand, brand new M-900i that is working perfectly.

Hope things work out for you! Good luck this season as well..

My question wasn’t open ended. Your response about having a 2 month old m 900i was good info. Not sure why I can’t ask a question about trail cameras in the trail camera forum. Which I hoped to get a better answer from my hunting peers than sitting on hold with an automated computer waiting on someone from another country to answer a question.
I hoped I was missing something simple. You don’t have to respond if you don’t understand the question. thanks, good luck to you this season as well.

furtaker

I understood your question perfectly.

I can't help though as I don't own any of the newer Moultries. Moultrie cameras have been hit or miss for me. I prefer the cheapo $50 Wildgames.

Latest posts