What celebrities have you met?

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Have not seen this one before, so tell a tale...I have a few.

Worked at the airport in Waycross when I left the military. I met some celebrities that all would stop in for fuel, Maryland Fried Chicken, and Pig BBQ.

It is hard to believe that Ted Turner and Hanoi Jane had a taste for our local fare, but they did.

On a couple occasions they would call ahead and we had to have a Cadillac for them to drive to town 10 minutes away.

They were a pair of dooshes...

The opposite was true of Burt Reynolds and Lonnie Anderson. They never made any announcement, and we're happy with whatever rental vehicles we had.

Once we had nothing for rent, and I let them take my car to get chicken and bbq. Yep, I let The Bandit drive my car. They came back, got in their Sikorsky Helicopter, and vamoosed. When I knocked off that night, I found a $100 bill by the gear shifter. Those two were like anyone you'd meet on the street, just good folks. Loni was pretty in person. Real pretty...

I worked security for Charlie Daniels and Suzy Boggus, both were nice folks, and good to be around.

My best story is that I once fished with Hank Parker on a weekday out of Jaycee landing, on the Altamaha.

I was headed to my truck to take out, and he was standing near the ramp, looking at the river. I walked up and asked if he was Hank, and we began to talk. Told me he'd always heard of this river, but never had fished it.

I half jokingly asked if he wanted a quick tour, and he said sure, he had an hour to kill. He got in my boat, and we ran down and fished the wall at Rayonier. I caught a small bass and he didn't. Prolly cause he was using my stuff...He probably wouldn't remember, but I do. Just two Ol' Boys fishin'. He said thanks, and headed on to wherever he was going next.

What y'all got?

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Ric Flair, 1988 at the Cobb County Civic Center filming for Saturday night rasslin. Woooo!

zedex

Gator Bait
I've met quite a few celebrities.

Billy Joe Royal and the Dixie Chicks in waycross, Ric Flair in Charlotte, Alan Jackson and Tom Petty in Atlanta, Roger Waters in Vancouver, and George Strait in Tacoma.

And Ronald McDonald in Brunswick

Neglected to mention Dawn Wells at the Vancouver boat show. She used to attend the show and, at the time, I had a fishing supply business. The SS Minnow is moored not far from me and she would ride on the Minnow from Nanoose Bay to Vancouver for the show

Last edited:

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Let’s see. I will attempt to prioritize in order of fame.

Woody Coffee
Dolly Parton
Junior Samples
Tink Nathan
Jimmy Carter

Edit to add I sat next to Cher and Greg Allman at a Braves game in the 70s

SC Hunter

I stopped and talked to Michael Waddell, or I should say he stopped us as we were going into Academy one evening in Columbus. He recognized my brother from working at my Granny's restaurant.

Chipper Jones on more than one occasion.

Roquan Smith

ZZ Top lead singer Billy Gibbins. One of their former tour body guards is life long friends with my mama and he brought him by to eat one day when they came to visit John Paul's home place.

Jimmy Carter is not a celebrity to me but I'll put him on the list. My Granny and Papa used to eat lunch with Mr. Jimmy and Mrs. Rosalynn pretty regular. Papa said they couldn't talk politics or they'd be fighting in the yard.

Leonard Pope played in the NFL see him regularly.

Victor Green also NFL.

Reactions: Dub

Hillbilly stalker

Met/seen Tanya Tucker at a beer garden one night, didn't last long the steel mill workers came in and it wasn't a place for a couple 17 year old kids. That was back around 1984 or 1985.

I worked special security detail with Col. Colon Powell, flew TDY around the world to different places. He was a super nice guy to all of us.

Met several singers working security in the Army, The Judd's ( momma Judd was HAWT).
Met John Connley, he was super nice, a common man just like his song.
Met Charlie Daniel's, super nice down to earth guy. He shook all our hands.

I talked to Jerry Clower on the phone while he was staying in Charlotte fixen to do a show and invited him to go coon hunting with us.. I made it the next night to the show and sat on the front row. He was telling a coon hunting story and talking about "good ol boys". He pointed me out and said" I bet your a good ol boy, how many dogs you have ? " I answered 6 and he said "I knew it". Might have been the Levi Garret cap I had on or that dumb hick grin. :biggrin2:

Met Sarah Evans and her husband ( Alabama quarter back). Threw the ball with him a little. Nice people.

MX5HIGH

Barry Meguiar and Phil Robertson. If you know anything about auto detailing you know who Barry Meguiar is. My wife and I visited the church in West Monroe LA a few years ago where most of the Duck Commander family worships so I got to meet and talk with several of the DC family. E838E1FF-0AF8-4869-90F7-B743A2E96AF1.jpeg32E28BD4-F720-4C2A-BF2E-D959E356CFFF.jpeg

shdw633

Back in my comedian days I was in a movie with John Ritter and Jack Warden and had dinner with them both at the wrap up party. I also met Roger Clemens and Gilbert Gottfried at that event. I did a music video with the Beach Boys and met John Stamos who was directing the video. I auditioned for Henry Winkler and performed with Michael Winslow (Police Academy fame), when I started my career I performed regularly with the now famous Billy Gardell. When I had my boat dealership I met several pro fisherman like Shaw Grigsby, Bill Dance and Roland Martin and had James Best (Roscoe P Coltrane from the Dukes of Hazzards) come to me to try to get a boat sponsorship as did Davey Johnson (at the time he was the manager of the Orioles). I have played golf with Chris DiMarco of the PGA and my current boss is Dan Gilbert, who I have obviously met, the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers as well as many other business's.

lonewolf247

Mostly country music stars:

Charlie Daniels
Waylon Jennings
Vern Gosdin
Louise Mandrel
Sammy Kershaw
Trace Atkins
Faith Hill
Shania Twain
Chely Wright
Mindy McCready
T Graham Brown
Martina McBride
LoneStar
Trisha Yearwood
Brooks N Dunn
Doug Supernaw
HWY 101
Sweethearts of the Rodeo
Lane Brody
Leann Womack
Lori Morgan
Gary Allan

Could have missed a couple too. :)

earlthegoat2

The Nuge-gun show in Mason, MI in the late 90s.
Kid Rock-this was complete random chance. He was having boat trouble in lake I was fishing in and we towed his boat to his dock (or his buddy’s dock). It was an inland lake in the north metro Detroit area
Chris Chelios-at his restaurant in Detroit. Kid Rock was there too.
Justin Verlander-randomly in a bar outside Detroit
Paula Deen- charity event in Savannah
Pete Rose-paid for the privilege in Vegas. Despite his treachery, I always admired him as a player.

Waved at Marshall Mathers (Eminem) who waved back. This was a complete lark. Somehow, during the course of preparing for a distant family member’s wedding, I ended up at Eminem’s next door neighbors house. Yeah, it was quite the affluent neighborhood.

Cool Hand Luke

Jeff Foxworthy shopping at BPS
Pat Summitt at airport with my UGA hat on
Greg Allman at airport
Dale Earnhardt at Daytona & Talladega
Bobby Allison at my uncles restaurant in Daytona, my son with him
Pete Rose at hotel restaurant in Tampa, my son with him
David Blanton at church mens supper
Bill Elliott several times
Steve Bartkowski at GON blast Gwinnett
Matt Stafford & Joe Cox camping at TalladegaFoxworthy.jpgEarnhardt.jpgPat Summit.jpgStafford.jpgBobby Allison.jpgPete Rose.jpg

Last edited:

JonathanG2013

R Lee Ermey at a Glock competition in Conyers, GA. He is a great down to earth guy. Even got his signature.

Also met Bobby Cox at a Gwinett Stripers Game.

Charlie Daniels at a concert in Cumming, GA

Fishing Legend Tomm Mann

Reactions: Dub

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Met several but Anne Jillian left the biggest impression. Bob Hope had brought her, Pointer Sisters and Aaron Tippin to Saudi Arabia for USO shows. The Saudis announced they prohibited women from putting on shows in the Kingdom after their arrival. Anne Jillian was determined to do her part for the troops. She had the security guys bring her fatigues to wear and she walked the ramp at Riyadh AFB talking to everyone she could find. I met her in the maintenance hanger where our mechanics were hustling grilled burgers to make an extra buck. We sat and ate a burger and chatted, very pretty and sweet lady.

ATLFalconsfan80

:bounce: Michael PS Hayes in Stockbridge, he was coming out of a bank and me and my pops was walking in, I was around 10

Master P in Beverly Hills around 2002..

Seen quite a few from afar, but those were 2 I actually got to talk to