Whats wrong with this deers Skin???

Just 1 More

Kind of freaky looking :eek:

ICAM0124.jpg

ICAM0115.jpg

HighCotton

How It Looks

Not sure about the hide/hair... but, overall the deer doesn't appear in good health. Looks thin. :huh:

HC

hunterb

deer looks pretty healty to me....doesnt look lean , cant see the ribs...I am thinking it is just the molting of the summer coat???....but i could be way off here, but i would say the deer's body condition looks good

dirttracker84

THAT'S WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT IT LOOKS TO BE SHEDDING TO IT'S SUMMER COAT..IMO.:flag: STILLHUNTER

Just 1 More

stillhunter said:
THAT'S WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY THAT IT LOOKS TO BE SHEDDING TO IT'S SUMMER COAT..IMO.:flag: STILLHUNTER
Actually, He would be shedding his summer coat and getting his winter coat,, but I think it's Way to early for that

the HEED!

Banned
Actually, that deer is molting, they put 4 or 5 different coats on a year

neckringer

just one more,

i would have to guess that it is either a coat change or this.
I have a spot in some planted pines where i feed em and have a camera and just about +2/3's of the deer appear as if they were hit by a car the onlything we have come up with is that it is from bedding down in pine needles and sand.
I wish I had the picks on my computer to show you but when I get the next i will post it.
I would not wory about it.

jbyrd_1976

here is a doe on family private land. Same Scenarion with the coat. It looks kinda weird but this doe seems to be in great health.

Attachments

• deer 024.jpg
    deer 024.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 289

gadeerwoman

Just normal shedding. Between ticks, lice and normal seasonal shedding lots of deer are looking pretty ragged right now.

HighCotton

Yea, but whats she eating...

Yea, just a normal ragged coat typical of this time of year. What's she eating? Looks like pretty decent stuff, particularly given the lack of rain we've had.... :type:

HC

GobbleAndGrunt78

Didn't know they looked that bad when they molt. My first thought was mange or (God forbid) CWD.... All the deer I've seen lately while scouting or pig hunting didn't appear odd looking. I'd atleast ask DNR to look at pics. :rolleyes:

jbyrd_1976

the bonaire deer look very healthy. Not sure what is planted in this field but the deer are eating it up. First pics look like the deer is losing hair. The pic just above is just a coloration issue. Close up trail cam pics shows no loss of hair.

GeauxLSU

Saw one in the backyard last night that looked very very similar. His was a more definitive 'line' however, between old and new coat. I'm sure it's just seasonal.