When That "Log" Suddenly Gets Your Attention!

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Was recently walking through one of my hunting areas to take some pics & vids, and had to cross some water to get over to where I wanted to go look. What I at first thought was a log on the edge just up ahead, turned out to be a small gator! I stopped and took 3 quick pics, as he eased off the bank into the water. Not wanting to disturb him any further, I decided I'd go in another direction. Besides, it's hard to run in knee deep water! :bounce:

Gator 1.JPG

Gator 2.JPG

ghadarits

Be careful if you decide to relocate it. They are incredibly strong. Depending on the animal even a little 3 footer can be a real hand full if it’s not worn out.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Be careful if you decide to relocate it. They are incredibly strong. Depending on the animal even a little 3 footer can be a real hand full if it’s not worn out.
I don’t bother them. I’m a guest in their home. Besides, I like having them around to eat some of the pesky hogs. As long as they leave me alone, we cool.

rip18

Yep, when the log moves, it's time to go!
I remember once when we were going out to put some tin around the base of a dead pine that had an osprey nest in it (predator guard). The guy carrying the tin was in the lead and stepped on a small (4-5 foot alligator). That was one of the most amusing things that I've ever seen. No-one was harmed, and I was carrying the tools and nails, so they didn't go flying!