Where the toms at this time of year?

sowgabuckstalker

Hey Fellas, I got some cams back up and running a few weeks ago and on my cams there's hens and poults all day every day thankfully!

Not the first pic of a tom or jake though?

This is a new spot for me - yall feel like if they're there this time of year they should be around in spring? I ran up on a flock of easily 30 turkeys sunday afternoon while out putting up deer stand and I dont think any of them were toms.

Thoughts? They gotta be there right?

This is about 500 acres private land, on the river.

Thanks and hope all are well!

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
They disappear late summer where I'm at. Or where my cameras are at. Grouped up with other Toms like ol bob said. Try a camera down in a cool bottom near the river.

sowgabuckstalker

They disappear late summer where I'm at. Or where my cameras are at. Grouped up with other Toms like ol bob said. Try a camera down in a cool bottom near the river.

may be a good sign that many im seeing this time a year right? Tons of hens? This is on about 500 acres.

Seeing good flockS every time I go. I'm more excited about seeing them than all the deer on cams lol

XIronheadX

may be a good sign that many im seeing this time a year right? Tons of hens? This is on about 500 acres.

Seeing good flockS every time I go. I'm more excited about seeing them than all the deer on cams lol
I had a scheduled pic at lunch. I could make out a hen with two quail sized poults standing on the side of the plot about 50 yards away, and two other hens in the taller stuff. It's been a few weeks since a dangling beard walked by. At least poults are still showing up. I've seen a bunch.

sowgabuckstalker

???

Attachments

• DE511819-3A2D-416E-9F09-B143D8B5421B.jpeg
    DE511819-3A2D-416E-9F09-B143D8B5421B.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 68D712F5-6D95-4D71-AA18-8F124B36C478.jpeg
    68D712F5-6D95-4D71-AA18-8F124B36C478.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 34

XIronheadX

Once again, it`s late for small poults but it`s great that they`re there. Toms are in packs this time of year.
A couple of destroyed nests and it's what you get. The good thing is they re-nested. I saw loads of small poults in mid May.