Who wants to see me run this scientific experiment?

oldfella1962

Okay, I took my wife to an endocrinologist appointment today. She is strong enough now to ride in a car - I can get her from the bed to a wheelchair
to the car without too much drama & trauma. Anyway, her doctor said to buy one of those home blood-pressure cuffs they sell at Walgreens, Walmart, etc. I :love: data and a well-run apples-to-apples experiment as much as the next guy, so I started thinking: does my blood pressure really go up every time I hear an Indian accent on the phone? :unsure: My temper certainly gets out of control as my frustration - and my suspicion/paranoia increases as the call goes on - but does this result in significant physical changes in my body? But here is the problem: would the placebo effect kick in? If so, to what degree would any placebo effect altar the results of the test?

oldfella1962

WHO Healthpoint device. You can thank me later.
Does this device involve smartphones/tablets? I'm just getting a simple analog blood pressure gauge.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Herro, My name is Steve.

How may I please me, today?

Reactions: Dub

Redbow

I don't talk to the people who make these stupid phone calls to my house. I just put the pound sign tone on them until I know they have hung up. But that doesn't work with the robo calls I just hang up on those. We get very few soliciting calls to our house anymore.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Cheap heart rate monitor will tell you tons.
Figure out what your average is and then set the alarm a little above that...
:bounce: