Who's in, who's out??

specialk

Pick five for the HOF....

NASCAR Hall of Fame Class of 2015 nominees
· Buddy Baker, won 19 times in NASCAR's premier (now Sprint Cup) series, including the Daytona 500 and Southern 500
· Red Byron, first NASCAR premier series champion, in 1949
· Richard Childress, 11-time car owner champion in NASCAR's three national series
· Jerry Cook, six-time NASCAR Modified champion
· Bill Elliott, 1988 premier series champion, two-time Daytona 500 winner and 16-time Most Popular Driver
· Ray Fox, legendary engine builder and car owner
· Rick Hendrick, 14-time car owner champion in NASCAR's three national series
· Bobby Isaac, 1970 NASCAR premier series champion
· Terry Labonte, Two-time NASCAR premier series champion
· Fred Lorenzen, 26 wins including the Daytona 500 and the Coca-Cola 600
· Raymond Parks, NASCAR's first champion car owner
· Benny Parsons, 1973 NASCAR premier series champion
· Larry Phillips, only five-time NASCAR Whelen All-American Series champion
· Wendell Scott, first African-American NASCAR premier series race winner
· O. Bruton Smith, builder of Charlotte Motor Speedway and architect of Speedway Motorsports Inc.
· Mike Stefanik, winner of record-tying nine NASCAR championships
· Curtis Turner, early personality, called the "Babe Ruth of stock car racing"
· Joe Weatherly, two-time NASCAR premier series champion
· Rex White, 1960 NASCAR premier series champion
· Robert Yates, NASCAR premier series champion as engine builder and car owner

Bpruitt

White,Weatherly ,Lorenzen and they are questionable. Childress was no more than a money man who rode Earnhardt to fame,someone was going too. Elliott couldn't drive a nail ,the only time he ever had success was on super speedways with ALOT more motor.The reason McDonalds quit sponsoring him was they decided they couldn't keep two red headed clowns on the payroll and Ronald had seniority.

Last edited:

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
Note to self keep mouth shut.

specialk

White,Weatherly ,Lorenzen and they are questionable. Childress was no more than a money man who rode Earnhardt to fame,someone was going too. Elliott couldn't drive a nail ,the only time he ever had success was on super speedways with ALOT more motor.The reason McDonalds quit sponsoring him was they decided they couldn't keep two red headed clowns on the payroll and Ronald had seniority.

I've never met you BP, but for some reason I get this image when I read your posts...

Attachments

• 6871.jpg
    6871.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 130

specialk

Elliott, Turner, Yates, Hendrick, and Childress.

hard for you to type childress wasn't it?:bounce:....good picks....iffy on yates...maybe later.....I honestly think ernie should go in before bill....

tcward

hard for you to type childress wasn't it?:bounce:....good picks....iffy on yates...maybe later.....I honestly think ernie should go in before bill....

Yeah it was K, but you can't dispute what he has accomplished. I might even put him ahead of Yates and Hendrick because he did drive a Cup car some.

specialk

Yeah it was K, but you can't dispute what he has accomplished. I might even put him ahead of Yates and Hendrick because he did drive a Cup car some.

rick wheeled a car a little too, not as much as childress though....

from wiki::" "Hendrick drove in two races during the 1987 and 1988 Winston Cup Series, with finishes of 33rd and 15th, respectively. He also had a single start in both the Busch Series and the Craftsman Truck Series

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
Congrats to all the inductee's and special congrats to my favorite Bill Elliott

tcward

rick wheeled a car a little too, not as much as childress though....

from wiki::" "Hendrick drove in two races during the 1987 and 1988 Winston Cup Series, with finishes of 33rd and 15th, respectively. He also had a single start in both the Busch Series and the Craftsman Truck Series

Didn't know that.

specialk

here you go....all drivers....

on a side note, rex and scott battled a lot on short tracks in VA and NC......promoters would give Scott a lot of Rex's old cars and parts to compete with......Rex is still alive and well living here in GA. As a kid he battled polio too.......

Attachments

• BoL5BW3IEAAcOp3.jpg
    BoL5BW3IEAAcOp3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 89

Bpruitt

On another side note I picked three of five out of 20 choices and they were weak but that's all that was there.Scott is as good as any of them that were inducted,Bill Elliott is a joke though.Bad one at that,as all that "success" for a few days was owed to Ernie.When the HP came back even(somewhat) "Wild Bill" was done.Earnhardt sent him to several driving classes.WB flunked every one of them cause I was watching most of them in the south east.