Wild Onions in Yard

GT90

I have a large section of my yard that is becoming over run with wild onions. The lawn is a warm season turf grass. Research is showing Imazaquin should work to kill the onions. Any other suggestions from the pros on here? Also want to confirm that i am OK applying now? Location is east side of Lake Sinclair.

Thanks in advance fore the responses.

doomtrpr_z71

That will work as long as you get it out in a hurry, it won't play nice if the turf starts greening up with the warm snap coming next week. What kind of grass is it?

GT90

That will work as long as you get it out in a hurry, it won't play nice if the turf starts greening up with the warm snap coming next week. What kind of grass is it?

Thanks. Not sure of the type of grass but here is a pic.

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 15

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I have a large section of my yard that is becoming over run with wild onions. The lawn is a warm season turf grass. Research is showing Imazaquin should work to kill the onions. Any other suggestions from the pros on here? Also want to confirm that i am OK applying now? Location is east side of Lake Sinclair.

If for any reason you kill the onions and then have second thoughts, let me assure you I have enough seedstock to get you going again.

Ray357

AWOL

I like wild onions in my yard. Wouldn't want any of the neighbors forgetting I am a red neck. Of course shooting everyday, dogs barking, and Confederate flag keep them reminded.

Latest posts