Will anything eat a yote?

Al33

I killed this coyote on Wednesday norning October 25th, five days before I took this photograph of her. I was surprised to see she was completely intact. Only the worms and maggots were feasting on her. I recalled a coyote that ChuckC killed a few years ago and he dumped it fairly close to camp. I had forgotten that it was not bothered by the critters either, not even buzzards.

Perhaps most of the scavenger type animals view the coyote as a predator and are afraid to get near it. That is all I can figure out about it. Perhaps some of you might enlighten me about this.

Attachments

• coyote.jpg
    coyote.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 1,494

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I`ve seen buzzards eatin` em down here in South Georgia Al. Those ya`ll got up there can`t smell any worse than these down here! Coyotes are RANK!!!

Al33

My deer rifle has.

That's what did this one in. She was at a good clip at 60 yards and I put it in her boiler. She dropped like a ton of bricks.:D

Nick, this one REALLY stunk.:eek: I wanted her pelt but she was too nasty for me to mess with. Got a whole new appreciation for the costs of coyote pelts.:bounce:

the HEED!

Banned
nothing eats a yote as far as I know, I have seen a LARGE possum climb a tree with half a roadkilled fox in its mouth

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'd be willing to bet the way Jody puts away them chittlins he'd eat a yote too.

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
the one I shot last year was gone by the next day. The 2 (yeah thats right!) I shot last week from the same stand were attracting buzzards this week

DSGB

Killed one two years ago and left it lay on the edge of the field. It was gone in two days. Buzzards picked it clean.

Al33

Well, something finally ate it.

Perhaps the buzzards got to it afterall. Took this pic Friday morning, 9 days after the kill.

Attachments

• coyote2.jpg
    coyote2.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 1,342

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
They done good. Ain`t enough left to draw an ant! ;)

whitworth

Heck, ...

coyote can't be any worse tasting than dog.

I left one coyote and only the fur was left a few days later.

FX Jenkins

The Chinese eat yotes !

?

Id eat one if I was hungry...

Id like to see how long a wolverine lays around...guess the smell of death finally gives everyone a Buffets Open signal...

holadude

Check my signature. I've been saying it all along.

Rich Kaminski

I shot one last year. It was walking straight at me, about 20 feet away (so I thought it might have rabies).
It smelled horrible. I definitely would not eat one. LOL

EDITED TO REMOVE TYPING AROUND CENSOR

cotton top

I was going to Fla. 12/15/07, on hiway 121 just below St. George Ga. and I saw a Bald Eagle eating a fresh road killed coyote. Man was I surprised to see that fellow on that coyote.

I have only seen probably 6 or 8 yotes in this area.

Ozzie

Another 'yote? Don't know if it's true, but I have heard that if one in a pack gets injured the rest of 'em will turn on it and eat it.