Wind up mower....

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I use to till our garden with a tiller that had a wind up starter something like that. It worked well but didn’t always start first try. This was back in late 1960s
X2

Hillbilly stalker

Yep, we had one. Daddy got it somewhere for next to nothing. He could make anything run forever. That thing would smack the snot out of you if you didn’t fold the handle back down. Something about it was Sears, I don’t know if it was the motor or the frame it’s been so long ago, once upon a time we had a Sears chainsaw too. Big old heavy sucker, it would cut like a demon but it took a man to run it. That thing would put you in the shade pretty quick.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
once upon a time we had a Sears chainsaw too. Big old heavy sucker, it would cut like a demon but it took a man to run it. That thing would put you in the shade pretty quick.
Those things were mean! Still got Dad's (in the box it came in) for anytime someone wants to complain about using any of my "modern" tools.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Never saw one of these. When I read the title I thought it was one of those wind a cord with a knot in the end around the starter.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Never saw one of these. When I read the title I thought it was one of those wind a cord with a knot in the end around the starter.
Thats old school !!!!! I had forgot about that method .
My I refer to post #7, I still have nightmares about that "rope".. and a few scars on my legs from it too.