Women's SEC Basketball Champ.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Most entertaining basketball game I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen a fight in women's BB.
Last nights game of Tennessee and Carolina was a last shot win for Carolina. Was hoping someone would beat Carolina.

BornToHuntAndFish

Thanks for the heads up since I had not heard about the tussle, shoving, bumping, jawing, going at it, etc. Sounds like 7-players were ejected. Wish I could've seen the game, but I did watch the end of the Iowa Finals OT win over Nebraska. Congrats to the undefeated lady Gamecocks.

South Carolina forward Kamilla Cardoso was one of six players ejected from the SEC championship game after she shoved LSU's Flau'jae Johnson to the floor late in the fourth quarter of the Gamecocks' 79-72 win.

Gamecocks guard MiLaysia Fulwiley had stolen the ball from Johnson, who wrapped her up and was called for an intentional foul. Johnson bumped South Carolina's Ashlyn Watkins while heading to her bench, and then the 6-foot-7 Cardoso rushed in and pushed the 5-10 Johnson to the ground.

Aside from Cardoso, the other players ejected -- all for leaving the bench area -- were South Carolina's Chloe Kitts, Tessa Johnson and Sakima Walker, and LSU's Aalyah Del Rosario and Janae Kent. LSU was left with only its starting five players after the disqualifications.

Gamecocks enter March Madness as the clear-cut No. 1 seed and the only undefeated team left in Division I, men or women

It was South Carolina's eighth tournament crown in the past 10 seasons and its 16th straight win over LSU (28-5), including all four meetings since Kim Mulkey became the Tigers' coach three seasons ago.

Mulkey said Johnson was smart to stop Fulwiley, who would have had an uncontested layup otherwise. Mulkey added that she understood emotions getting high at such a critical juncture of the game.

"It's ugly, it's not good, no one wants to be a part of that," she said. "But I'll tell you this, I wish [Cardoso] would've pushed Angel Reese. If you're 6-8, don't push somebody that little. That was uncalled for in my opinion. Let those two girls who were jawing, let them go at it."

Last edited:

dutchie49

It was a good hard fought game up until the fight which was stupid. Still don't know how these gals play with the fake eyelashes and the long weaves in the hair. Looks to be a SEC thing because I don't see it as much in other leagues.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
SEC is replaying the whole game right now.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
It was a good hard fought game up until the fight which was stupid. Still don't know how these gals play with the fake eyelashes and the long weaves in the hair. Looks to be a SEC thing because I don't see it as much in other leagues.
LSU was taunting S.C. all day.