wooden boat

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
After posting some bream pictures last week, some people wanted to see my wooden boat. It is a cypress skiff made by an extremely nice fella from Albany named John Green. He was a pathologist retired from the Navy. His father was a boat builder by trade on Chesapeake Bay.
John built this boat in 1994 and died a couple of years later. He was a fine man. It's 14' long and 48" wide in the bottom and fishes like a dream. I have a 15 horse Honda that I run on the river and larger lakes.

(The bass was not taken on a fly.:huh:)

Attachments

• cracker 015 (600 x 402).jpg
    cracker 015 (600 x 402).jpg
    72 KB · Views: 283
  • cracker 016 (600 x 402).jpg
    cracker 016 (600 x 402).jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 283
  • cracker 017 (600 x 402).jpg
    cracker 017 (600 x 402).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 285
  • cracker 012 (600 x 402).jpg
    cracker 012 (600 x 402).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 280

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nice boat. Thanks for the pictures.

Woody's Janitor

Sweeeet! Yhanks for the pics!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Remarkable piece of craftsmanship! Not many folks still around that can make a boat like that anymore.

slightly grayling

My father has one that could pass as it's older twin. Back in the 1950's he was a school teacher in Folkston, GA on the eastern side of the Okefenokee. At the time there was a nearby boat builder who made them for the Fish & Game dept or whatever they called it then......They would not sell him one painted as he finished them under contract, so my father bought one unfinished and completed it with Spar Varnish....I even have the 7.5 HP fleetwin evenrude that he bought for it. After over 50 years it is is sound as when he bough it...you and your kids will enjoy that for a very long time.
-SG

Last edited:

Toxic

Real nice to see one like that, breaks away from all the fiberglass and aluminum....