Yellowstone National Park closed

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
That’s some serious water.

Hoss

Saw that yesterday. Today was the day Mrs Hoss and I were supposed to arrive in Bozeman MT to spend a week in the Yellowstone area, but my doctoring messed up our trip for this summer. Guess there was an upside to needing to visit the doctor every day.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
Hate to know the park is closed right now, but that part of the country has been in a drought. Lord knows they need the rain.

Dean

Major flooding in parts of SW Montana too, bridges and road sections completely gone. I have spent alot of time in that general area (MT, WY) and from reports from locals called to check on, it's likely this flooding changes some areas for ever, and probably years before the area fully recovers. Tons of bridge repair, road repair, not too mention all the back country trail repair, prayers to those living through it -bunch of guides and outfitters busy season impacted - a gut punch for sure.

bassboy1

I was just there last Thursday and Friday.

Was in Glacier from Saturday through Wednesday, a good bit of flooding up that way, too. The higher elevation areas in Glacier were still closed because they haven't been able to keep up with snow removal due to the higher than usual precipitation levels.

Everyone was saying that the wet spring is better than the fire risk of a dry one, but I don't think this is what they meant.