Young Dawgs.

greendawg

This is not a 'maybe next year' thread, since I think the Dawgs are still going to play for the NC, but just looking at the roster and you see that the Dawgs are very young at key positions.

-At WR and TE this is the most evident. You have Bowers as a true freshman, AD Mitchell true freshman, Ladd McConkey redshirt freshman, Darnell Washington true sophomore, Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint true sophomore, Arian Smith true sophomore, Burton true sophomore. Then add Oscar Delp coming in and by some miracle if Arik Gilbert was to return to football, this could be the best WR/TE groups in college football.

-At QB, if Brock Vandagriff stays and with Stockton coming in both of those guys are better than Bennett and probably Daniels. They both have better arms and are just as mobile as Bennett, but they are much stronger as Vandagriff is 6'3"220 lbs and Stockton is 6'1" and 225 lbs, If you can get one hand on Bennett or Daniels they are going down, but not these guys.

OL, the starters, other than Salyer and Schaffer are either sophomores or freshman. Broderick Jones, Amarius Mims, Van Pran, Willock, and Mcclendon and some other talented guys are right behind them.

-The Dawgs will lose a lot at RB, especially if McIntosh leaves for another school or NFL, but Milton can be a force if he stays healthy and Edwards has the talent nad drive. Then you have 2 high 4 star RBs coming in and Branson Robinson is supposedly a Nick Chubb clone with NFL ready body.

I'll go over the defense here shortly.

fishnguy

This is not a 'maybe next year' thread, since I think the Dawgs are still going to play for the NC, but just looking at the roster and you see that the Dawgs are very young at key positions.

-At WR and TE this is the most evident. You have Bowers as a true freshman, AD Mitchell true freshman, Ladd McConkey redshirt freshman, Darnell Washington true sophomore, Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint true sophomore, Arian Smith true sophomore, Burton true sophomore. Then add Oscar Delp coming in and by some miracle if Arik Gilbert was to return to football, this could be the best WR/TE groups in college football.

-At QB, if Brock Vandagriff stays and with Stockton coming in both of those guys are better than Bennett and probably Daniels. They both have better arms and are just as mobile as Bennett, but they are much stronger as Vandagriff is 6'3"220 lbs and Stockton is 6'1" and 225 lbs, If you can get one hand on Bennett or Daniels they are going down, but not these guys.

OL, the starters, other than Salyer and Schaffer are either sophomores or freshman. Broderick Jones, Amarius Mims, Van Pran, Willock, and Mcclendon and some other talented guys are right behind them.

-The Dawgs will lose a lot at RB, especially if McIntosh leaves for another school or NFL, but Milton can be a force if he stays healthy and Edwards has the talent nad drive. Then you have 2 high 4 star RBs coming in and Branson Robinson is supposedly a Nick Chubb clone with NFL ready body.

I think McIntosh stays. He'd be the most experienced back and has been able to stay healthy. I think Milton may never reach potential but I hope he does. One the the in coming backs could take Milton's spot.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier

If Bennett & Daniels leaves expect a QB from the portal!
No QB on the roster has enough game time experience for Kirby Smart!

I wonder when the last time Alabama got a QB from the portal??
Does anyone know?? @Ruger#3 @BamaGeorgialine

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

I don’t, but have read that Nic has considered the portal for a backup to Bryce. Guess the right QB hasn’t entered the portal.

Rackmaster

I don’t, but have read that Nic has considered the portal for a backup to Bryce. Guess the right QB hasn’t entered the portal.
Spencer Rattler to Bama...::ke::rofl:

Change is sometimes great in CFB he could transfer to another school and be a #1 draft pick.

GTMODawg

BANNED

How many national titles and SEC titles has Nick Saban won with an un-proven QB to start the season? How many times has Dabo Sweeney been able to have a good season when starting the season with a good QB? Great coaches develop QBs. Take a look at the back end of Clemson's season....their QB struggled and has vastly improved. There are 3 highly recruited QBs in Athens as we speak. 2 of them are, apparently, not good enough to get any consideration in any meaningful snaps and the third is, apparently, unable to beat out Stetson Bennett. This can only mean a couple of things....that UGA is not good at developing QBs, UGA is not good at evaluating QBs or Stetson Bennett is a very good QB who could start at any SEC school.

Bennett has another year of eligibility. It is difficult to imagine him not being the starter next season given the recent program history at the position. If this is indeed the case the backup may well be Will Muschamp's son......unless of course the 3 current highly rated QBs are content to sit behind Bennett and the incoming highly recruited QB is as well, not to mention anyone who may come to UGA via the portal. I know it makes one less of a man to suggest that Smart could do a better job at the QB position but there is ample evidence to suggest that Smart himself has said there was room for improvement.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
It’s bad today, it’s really bad. I’m watching my brothers melt in every direction. You wouldn’t think they still have a chance at the Natty
You do see the babies on here doing the same thing, right?

Waddams

One comment about UGA from a neutral point of view - Saban has ruled college football for a very long time. He's something like 26-1 vs. his assistants when they become headcoaches and end up coaching against him. Kirby Smart hasn't fared any better than anyone else vs. Saban, but Kirby is also faring better overall than most.

I said that to say this - UGA's program seems to me to be in as good a position as any to compete with Saban and 'Bama. Saban is just excellent in all ways in what he does. I don't see last Saturday's result as any indictment of UGA or Kirby Smart, or any other coach or player for UGA. It's just trying to compete against Saban on the big stage is very very difficult. Nobody else does any better against Saban either, there's no real reason to be down on UGA over it.

That's my humble opinion.

FootLongDawg

On the OL, don't forget about Tate Ratledge. He was a starter against Clemson, and I expect him to start at one of the guard positions

greendawg

And here we go, on to next year….

Re-read what I said. I think the Dawgs will make the finals and by the time that gets here, you will have the best WR on UGA's roster at full health. Pickens alone is worth a 7 point swing. I'm just saying that the Dawgs will be as good next year on offense or better than this year and the defense should be a wash at worst with quality DB's.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Next year sucks for you.

5www8j.jpg

Rackmaster

One comment about UGA from a neutral point of view - Saban has ruled college football for a very long time. He's something like 26-1 vs. his assistants when they become headcoaches and end up coaching against him. Kirby Smart hasn't fared any better than anyone else vs. Saban, but Kirby is also faring better overall than most.

I said that to say this - UGA's program seems to me to be in as good a position as any to compete with Saban and 'Bama. Saban is just excellent in all ways in what he does. I don't see last Saturday's result as any indictment of UGA or Kirby Smart, or any other coach or player for UGA. It's just trying to compete against Saban on the big stage is very very difficult. Nobody else does any better against Saban either, there's no real reason to be down on UGA over it.

That's my humble opinion.
UGA was handicapped with injuries this year and they are still 12-1!

We lost 1 but we ain't giving up without a fight, we just have to play one game at a time and not take Michigan lightly!

STAY FOCUSED AND........
GO Dawgs

Duff

Go Dawgs!!!