Your favorite hunting bow

gordylew

Yesterday I pulled out my Mathews Q2 that I bought in 2000. I had new cables put on it a couple of years ago. I got out in the yard shooting it and it still stacks them in there. Unlike some folks I don’t buy the newest and greatest every year. I bought a VXR 28 2 years ago and still haven’t gotten use to it and still haven’t drawn blood with it. I keep going back to my DXT that is battle proven. I think it and the Mathews outback were probably Mathews best hunting bows they ever made. So whats your favorite past and present bow?

snooker1

PSE Firestorm Lite. I loved that bow, shot it till the limb cracked. PSE had stopped making it long before that happened so I couldn't get a replacement. That's when the Mathews Creed came out so I got one, still shooting it.i think I got it in 2013.

RealIsPatt

Hoyt Vector Turbo. It was my father’s until he passed from cancer in 2018. Feel a special connection each time I’m in the woods with it. I plan to shoot it exclusively until it is no longer usable.

Hillbilly stalker

I shot a Mathews Legacy for several years. I killed a dump truck load of deer with it. When my son got broad enough in the shoulders….I gave it to him. Still knocking them down. Q2 was probably the smoothest quietest I’ve shot, #2 would be a Drenalin or switchback.

James12

Having shot an older Bear for years, that I loved, but now shooting a V3, I could never go back. The newer technology just makes it so much smoother and easier to draw. Haven’t caught up in bloodstain yet though, it’s still new to me.

BamaGeorgialine

I bought a Hoyt RX7 this year that shoots really well. I shot it beside my Hoyt Carbon Defiant yesterday hoping that it was night and day difference so that I could justify buying it. Nope, they both hit the dot that I was aiming for LOL. I know that you don't need a new bow every year to kill a deer, but it's my one bad addiction I guess. I have a Matthew's, another Hoyt besides those two and an Elite. I have nephews that are getting old enough to handle them so I'm going to pass them down. The only bow that I wish that I'd kept is my first Bear Whitetail

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
A switchback was hard to beat back in the day. Today I still find myself grabbing my bowtech reign 6 over the pse Mach 1 carbon

ssramage

I really like my Bowtech Solution that I got last year. It's the best bow I've had to date. Had the most success with my Obsession SS but I was just out of college and hunted way more back then too.

TomC

Mid 80's Hoyt Pro Hunter, 45" ATA, round wheels with a Chek-it single pin target sight. Lots of memories with it sittin in my fold up seat Summit!

catch22

I still hunt with a switchback xt from 2008. I know theres better out there.....but they are so dang expensive that I cant justify it

Hunter922

Love the PSE Decree I hunt with now. One of the smoothest PSE'S I've had. Killed quite a few with a PSE Axe 7 and the Omen. Those Cams were fast but rough at times.. Maybe my favorite was a Hoyt Vectrix Xt.. It was an anchor to carry but it was productive for a few years.. ?

psedna

UAEC
Whatever I am hunting with this year.

I dont change but about every four or five years, latest is a brand new PSE Bowmadness. 2019 model brand new with factory warrenty, saved about $400 plus...

Compound bows are different than guns to me, hold no sentimental value once I get a new one. Now I can understand how a recurve or longbow would be much more personal and you would want to keep those forever.

deast1988

2012 vector 35, it’s created a pile of memories I’ll have it till it cant be used