your favorite?

Nitro

Banned
Original.

By that I mean one built in 1978. Cocabola. It's a bad mutha. I have one in BoisD'Arc that is nearly it's rival...

I watched Butch finish it and tuned it to my (at that time- neophyte calling style).

My nephew and Mark K's son got lessons from Butch in the new shop two years ago..... talk about going back in time......hope they appreciate the Mastery they were hearing and absorbed as much as possible.

Butch gave me a Signature model in Green Acrylic that he said was the first call he built after his heart transplant. It's in the safe.

He's a fine man. I am lucky to be able to know him and call him friend.

rholton

Timbre

RNT makes great calls although I only own Echo calls now. If I had to pick one RNT call, it would be the Timbre. By the way, what Nitro said about Butch us 100% true. He is a super guy. I have been in there several times to get calls tuned and he always takes the time to listen to my calling and give me some advice.

Nitro

Banned
RNT makes great calls although I only own Echo calls now. If I had to pick one RNT call, it would be the Timbre. By the way, what Nitro said about Butch us 100% true. He is a super guy. I have been in there several times to get calls tuned and he always takes the time to listen to my calling and give me some advice.

Rick Dunn will do the same thing. Go by his shop in Beebe (not during Duck season:rofl: ) and he will help you.

He is a great guy as well. My buddy Shep has spent a lot of time with him and his calling has improved dramatically.

Burritoboy

For me, it is my Short Barrel. I broke the cork slot on my acrylic, sent it back in to Mr. Butch and he built a new cocabola insert for it. I love it, plus it is neat to know that Mr. Butch took the time to make it right for me. It got a little, well a lot out of tune recently and I had Clint Shipman fix it up for me when I was picking up a new Prime Meat from him. Once it got right again, it is great.

I had an acrylic Original, and sold it a good while back. I wish I had hung on to it and worked on it more. Now that I have been practicing every day in my truck for a couple of years, I think I could have brought a lot more out of that call. As usual it suffered from operator error. I have the Micro hen as well, it is different to blow, but once you get the hang of it, it will scream for such a small call. Those Micros take so little air, I think they might work in a light breeze.

I would like give the Timbre and the Daisy Cutter a run around the block one day, but this Echo Prime Meat I just picked up has my attention right now.

Jaker

Banned
I've got a daisy cutter that I bought from Mr. Ritchenback last year. I like it ok, but it has definately taken some time to get used to. My dad took me in there about 13 years ago, when he was in his old shop, and was gonna buy one for me. Butch made me one right in front of my eyes, signed it, and gave it to me for free. That is my favorite call. Its not the best call I have, but has the most sentimental value to me. Ill never part with that thing. Personally I think that I'm gonna end up buying me an MVP this year. Oh yeah, and if yall are ever in stuttgart, walk in there and get some lessons, that man can blow a duck call, and he is always glad to help. Great man, and great Leader in the sport of duck hunting.

Original.

By that I mean one built in 1978. Cocabola. It's a bad mutha. I have one in BoisD'Arc that is nearly it's rival...

I watched Butch finish it and tuned it to my (at that time- neophyte calling style).

My nephew and Mark K's son got lessons from Butch in the new shop two years ago..... talk about going back in time......hope they appreciate the Mastery they were hearing and absorbed as much as possible.

Butch gave me a Signature model in Green Acrylic that he said was the first call he built after his heart transplant. It's in the safe.

He's a fine man. I am lucky to be able to know him and call him friend.

Blah blah blah.....we get it Nitro, you are a God among mere mortals!

All hail Nitro, God of all things fowl!!!

browning84

I would like give the Timbre and the Daisy Cutter a run around the block one day, but this Echo Prime Meat I just picked up has my attention right now.

I got and RNT Timber cocabola I will trade ya for that Prime Meat