Yucatán Yellow Belly

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that looks all kinds of good! The sauce looks interesting. I don't think I've ever actually cooked an avocado.

ryork

Man, that looks all kinds of good! The sauce looks interesting. I don't think I've ever actually cooked an avocado.

The ole Alpha-Gal has forced me to come up with alternative ways to make a sauce. The butter and cream are out at least for a while. The vegan butter is OK for some things but it doesn’t do well in sauces.

ambush80

I've found that it sometimes gets bitter. A friend tried an experiment and put egg in avocado halves, wrapped them in bacon and smoked them. They were really bitter. I've blended raw avocado into sauces before but never cooked it.

ambush80

The ole Alpha-Gal has forced me to come up with alternative ways to make a sauce. The butter and cream are out at least for a while. The vegan butter is OK for some things but it doesn’t do well in sauces.
Did the sauce turn out good? Have you tried coconut cream? It's good for curries.

ryork

Did the sauce turn out good? Have you tried coconut cream? It's good for curries.

Yes, the taste came from the cumin and the rum. Would have used coconut milk if I had some. Since AGS came along my sauce making is akin to personal version of an episode of Chopped…..