Zagger’s Pipe Dream sets

Koltan

Has anyone had any luck with these sets? I have set a few and they have yet to produce. I like the idea but am quickly losing faith.

willie1971

works well in wet scenarios. lots of info on trapperman.com. no trap sets - regardless of style or prep - will be effective if not on location.

Koltan

works well in wet scenarios. lots of info on trapperman.com. no trap sets - regardless of style or prep - will be effective if not on location.
I have bedded traps this way and I like how they last in the rain. I just think the pipe is too much. I can remove the pipe and convert to normal flat set and catch on the same locations. It seems like I couldn’t pay a coyote to work a pipe set. I’m gonna keep trying. Mark Zagger catches way more than me.

willie1971

The pipe may spook some and may take more time for coyotes to get comfy with it. But I've caught coyotes on a 1 day check with the pipe dream set. You never know.

But the pipe can be an asset in wet weather, and keeps your bait intact, without worrying about your dirt hole being washed out. I add a little sheeps wool then apply bait on top of sheeps wool in pipe. The odor will last seemingly forever. If a tuft of grass is present, sometimes I'll put the pipe in the tuft. Sometimes a highly visible pipe may add an element of curiosity. I tend to mix up the presentation in the same trap area.

Doug B.

I have never set Zagger's pipe dream, but I have used pipe for my dirt hole and blended the trap like you would a dirt hole. It will catch coyotes!!! I use a piece of 1" pipe about a foot long with an angle cut on one end. Then I drive it in with my hammer til about a half inch to an inch is above the ground. Most of the time the coyote will bite and pull on the pipe until it has it pulled out of the ground.

willie1971

sometimes i just use a solid bedded trap and cover with peat moss, and use the pipe as the zagger set says. Since I use peat a lot, I dont always leave a void like Zags set says. but when the situation presents itself, the pipe dream is a solid tactic

I had a pipe stolen without a critter caught! so many mysteries in the world of trapping. makes it a lot of fun, though

Koltan

I bed a lot of traps with the void. It last better in the rain than anything else. But a remake is almost impossible. I have to pull up and move