What you think about this weekend?

hwy22

I was wanting to know your thoughts about hunting Saturday morning in the cold. Do yall think they gobble good?:huh:

turk2di

I don't kno about in Georgia, but for Kentuckys youth hunt tomorrow morning, were talkin 21 degrees with a 15/25mph winds! That means a wind chill of around zero! Supposed to take my daughter(14). Im not sure i can handle that myself, so im devastated as to wether she can, or even want too, tackle such a morning.

bull0ne

Banned
From past experiences and given the henned up state the Toms are in ATM I expect them to hold back on the roost gobbles a bit but should rip it up pretty good after thet hit the ground.............then dummy up when he starts strutting for the hunt wrecking hens that usually run to him.

As always...........you gotta get to him before the hens do or you're done before you started.

Cold but sunny weather will also make the birds hit the fields and clearings a little quicker also.............

BKA

Banned
I leaving the office at noon today and heading to the woods until Sunday. Wish it was going to be warmer, but what can ya do? Just go out there and chase em!

tyler1

I will be there. You have to go when you can. The birds will be there and I have good luck hearing gobbles when it is cold. No matter I can't wait to get there. I am having to go digging for some warm clothes though.

dutchman

All I know for sure is if the weekend has a Saturday in it, I'll be out there. Hot or cold, rain or shine. The season is only 53 days and I have to work for most of those, so the weekend is critical for me.

I hope they'll have gotten used to the cold and won't mind too much and will gobble.

Trizey

The only thing bothering me is the wind. 15-25mph winds is not going to be fun for me or the birds.

DCHunter

This weekend will be 1 of only 2-3 chances I get since my boys have baseball games every Saturday.

UGA hunter

You can't kill 'em from the house! I'll be in the woods.