A perfect morning hunt

cj580guitar

This old smart bird been giving me and Lukas fits since opening day. He wouldn’t work whenever we would get on him. He would just go straight to the food plots and strut. And would gobble every time we would go try him. This morning he roosted way back in some hardwoods so I was able to get in close. He gobbled good on the roost. It started lightly raining so I used the rain to hide my sound walking through the leaves. Got about 75 yards and gave him a few soft tree yelps. He pitched down toward me and strutted and drummed up to about 15 yards. A nice double beard with good 1-1/8 spurs. Those right of the roost hunts are my favorite hunts by far. Lukas spent the weekend with his grandparents I just wish he woulda been with me this morning.

Attachments

• F3AC53BA-3C18-4A7A-B9AA-97D61A85294C.jpeg
    F3AC53BA-3C18-4A7A-B9AA-97D61A85294C.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 79
This old smart bird been giving me and Lukas fits since opening day. He wouldn’t work whenever we would get on him. He would just go straight to the food plots and strut. And would gobble every time we would go try him. This morning he roosted way back in some hardwoods so I was able to get in close. He gobbled good on the roost. It started lightly raining so I used the rain to hide my sound walking through the leaves. Got about 75 yards and gave him a few soft tree yelps. He pitched down toward me and strutted and drummed up to about 15 yards. A nice double beard with good 1-1/8 spurs. Those right of the roost hunts are my favorite hunts by far. Lukas spent the weekend with his grandparents I just wish he woulda been with me

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! A little bitter not having your Lukas with you, but I’m sure he was stoked about it just the same! Congrats on a great bird! He’s a boss! :rockon:
And like Ant said, go get on another one for Lukas!

cj580guitar

Woohoo! A little bitter not having your Lukas with you, but I’m sure he was stoked about it just the same! Congrats on a great bird! He’s a boss! :rockon:
And like Ant said, go get on another one for Lukas!
BF we will be back after them this weekend. I’ll keep y’all updated.