Have you ever seen a pattern this tight?!

futuredoc

Nitro Ammunition 3" 1 7/8 oz. at 40 yards with a Rhino .660. There are 260 pellets in the 10" circle!

Attachments

• 261.jpg
    261.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 779

futuredoc

Nitro

I pulled up the nitro ammuniton company's website and they are stating you get well over 100 pellets in a 10" circle at 40yards with the nickle plated shot and over 200 with the hevishot. This is with a benelli with a Rhino .660 or .655 choke.

fd

Razorback

Sweet! :clap:

Hope you have a scope on that shot gun, cause if you get a bird within 20 yards its gonna be tight.

Razor

dutchman

Very strong. I'd say that'd just about do the job.

Ga-Spur

That is an excellent pattern ; It may need to be opened up just a bit so you don't miss the ol' boy . What size shot is that ? Is it 7 1/2 and some other size ? Are the shot "rough"or smooth?

Last edited:

Nitro

Banned
Nitro Ammo is awesome!!

I have killed well over 60 Longbeards with Nitro Ray's ammo. In the last 15 years I have exclusively used the 17/8 oz nickel #5's and of late the 5x6 duplex load.

No theory, nothing but dead gobblers. Try not to let em get inside 20 yards- it will decapitate 'em.

It may not be the best ammo out there, but it is the only ammo I use on Gobblers. Combined with a Kick's tube, it is bad medicine.

The pattern in the photo is about what I expect from my M-1 Benelli and a Kick's .655. It will eat em up.

Go to the Nitro website (www.nitrocompany.com) and see some of my birds and other successful hunters you may know.

AG

Last edited:

futuredoc

Just so you know

This is not my gun; I got this off of a website that I found on the internet. The shot was hevishot in 4x6x7.5. Unbelievable. I think this may be what I consider too tight for the simple reason you guys stated; you could miss too easy. I would like to try some of that Nitro ammo though.

Agar,

Can you post a picture of one of your patterns?

fd

futuredoc

So what do you Nitro guys reccomend

What do you think you would use for a Nova? I have a comp-n-choke tube right now, the XXFull; I believe a .668 and the XXXFull is a .658 because the inside diameter of the Nova is .723. What do you guys think? Did you have to buy a number of shells from Nitro to find the one that patterned well out of your gun? How much better were they than say winchester HV's?

fd

Junebug

Have I ever seen a pattern that tight?

Yeah...but I shoot Nitros too.

AGarr's right; it's some amazing stuff.

Junebug

Choke constriction?

Depends on whether you choose the Hevi or not; I imagine that shot requires less constriction for optimum performance.

I can only speak for copper or nickel. I shoot copper 4x5x7s thru a .660 with excellent results.

Outdoor-Writer07

Very good pattern...

That's a very good pattern, but a little to tight for me! I still get way to shook up when a turkey comes in. Imagine shooting a gobbler that just come over the rise at about 10 yds. YEAH, you would have to just about have the RED DOT or a draw a sure enough good bead, or else you would miss that bird. Good patterns though, hate to think how much a box of those shells cost. :flag: