870 Yote Gun

chase870

Possum Sox
So I discovered #4 Buck a few years ago and I like it. So I have been playing with chokes to see what patterns best, so far its the dead coyote choke. This choke and heavy shot dead coyote loads pattern the best at 40 yards, get about the same results with #4 Buck lead pellets, 2 3/4 inch and 3 inch loads. It holds a fairly mean pattern with a 1 1/2 oz load of #2's bird shot. I was shooting a 20 inch barrel with a 3 inch chamber on my super mag receiver.
I just left the barrel with the gun smith so the forcing cone can be lengthend and a 3 1/2 chamber cut in it. Winchester has a 3 1/2 inch load of #4 Buck that has 54 pellets should be bad news for a yote

Jester896

Senior Clown
Good Deal!
I keep a bandoleer of #4 buck with my shorty 870. I lengthened the forcing cone on my 18" cyl barrel myself with my buddy watching over my shoulder, polish honed the forcing cone and the rest of the barrel to a mirror...shot a 23 with it on the skeet range. Little thing creates a good bit of racket.

chase870

Possum Sox
Good Deal!
I keep a bandoleer of #4 buck with my shorty 870. I lengthened the forcing cone on my 18" cyl barrel myself with my buddy watching over my shoulder, polish honed the forcing cone and the rest of the barrel to a mirror...shot a 23 with it on the skeet range. Little thing creates a good bit of racket.
The 3 inch shell was manageable so I have hopes that the 3.5 inch shell will be after I have the barrel worked on a bit. I figure it would be hard to dodge 54 pellets of #4