New Remington 870 ?????

Dub

I forget that I got my Wife a compact 870 20ga in 2012. She doesn’t shoot it anymore since she had 2 shoulder surgeries that didn’t work. May try it out , might need to get a a full length stock since I am 6ft 1 .

It is amazing how well the pistol gripped stocks help with those turkey loads.

Maybe an aftermarket stock that has both a pistol grip along with a quality recoil pad will take the punishment off your shoulder.

GregoryB.

I went to the store to buy the 870 today. Only one they had in stock had chipping and looked like it was starting to split. Salesman wasn’t happy when I pointed it out to him. The search continues. Maybe a Weatherby Element if I can find one to handle first.

Big7

The Oracle
I'm 6ft, and the youth model 870 20ga fits me fine, especially if you're wearing a coat, I don't think it will be an issue . one thing I've noticed with it is recoil is more than you would think ? I guess because its a relatively light shotgun ?
I got that same one.
The youth model makes a good rabbit gun.

Robert28

I went to the store to buy the 870 today. Only one they had in stock had chipping and looked like it was starting to split. Salesman wasn’t happy when I pointed it out to him. The search continues. Maybe a Weatherby Element if I can find one to handle first.
Had to look up the Weatherby. Not familiar with that model but not a bad price on a semi-auto at all. Yeah I haven’t seen a new 870 in person yet to make a final judgement but they don’t seem to have caught on yet, the price is just too high I think is what’s hurting them.