87.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0009.JPG
    IMAG0009.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 162
  • IMAG0010.JPG
    IMAG0010.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 160

Al33

Looks like an older bow. Is that duct tape on the grip?

Can you do better with the pic's.:biggrin2:

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
AL could it be one of dan's kit (you build) bow's? it just doesn't look like any he ever sold.

john

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Al,
Not duct tape, I think it's that adhesive camo felt they sell at walMart in squares. The blurry pic is of the writing on the back of the bow. All it says is 55 # 28"
I'll try to get some better pics.

Rick

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
rick could you get a better pic of the wrighting? im thinking it's one of dans you finish bow's.

john

jneil

Thanks John, I am only familiar with the man and not that familiar with the bows he made.

Dan let me shoot a couple of his bows years ago. They where extraordinary.

frankwright

If it doesn't say D. Quillian and Bamboo Longhunter on it, then it is most likely one of the kits or partially finished bows he has been selling on Ebay for about five years.

I first met dan about 15 years ago when he was first having foot problems. I can't remember what we were gathered for but he came in with his usual lumbering walk and threw down an arm load of longbows he was carrying like they were firewood. He was a character and I was able to get a few bow lessons from him.

About five years ago, after he had lost his foot, I asked him how he was doing and he was in hog heaven after discovering the internet and online selling. He thought it was just wonderful for business.