H&R Shotguns?

jmharris23

Does anyone here own one or know anything about them?

They come at a good price and I was just curious if they were good guns

Fishman

Good shotgun

I've had a few in the past and they are good guns. Just a basic shotgun that shoots. I used them as a boat gun when we went fishing or when the weather was bad. They function and patten like any other shotgun. I painted a 410 in camo and had a few people ask to buy it for more than it was worth. (I did finally sell it)

duckbill

No frills, basic guns. Keep it simple :cool: . I bought my first real gun with my lawn mowing money when I was 7 yrs old. It was an H&R 20GA single shot (Topper). I bought it brand new and it was awesome. At least, until I shot it. It knocked the stew out of me :eek: . They are good guns, but they do carry a bit of a "pop". I still have mine and plan to hand it down to my son. I'm going to wait until he gets a little bigger than I was, though:bounce: .

gordylew

My 1st gun was a 088 topper 12ga 28"full. still have it. killed a bunch of Turkeys with it and still carry as a back up to my Bow. My daughter has a .223/20ga NEF which is the same gun and she killed her 1st turkey with it this year. I also have an NEF in 45/70 which is basicly the same gun as well. so yes I think their a pretty descent low priced gun.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
My first shotgun is a single shot 12 gauge made by H&R that was 23 years ago. It still is as tight as it was when it was given to me.