What would you recommend?

Handgunner

What would you recommend for this plot? It's on the edge of a field, so it doesn't see any sunlight until around 9pm, and then it's in the sun all day except maybe the last hour, hour and a 1/2. I was thinking just a lot of oats, but the more and more I see and read about rape, I may put some of that in it also. Would it be best to plant the oats, cover them up, then top seed with the rape?

I know it needs a couple more discings, but right now, it's still a tad boggy. :D

Attachments

• plot.jpg
    plot.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 225

gadeerwoman

A mix of oats, wheat, clovers and some rape and let me at it !! That's a dandy spot for a harvest plot. Spots like that are what I love to catch bucks coming out in the open after does during the rut. However I believe in hunting them only in the afternoons and I never like shooting does with a firearm in spots like that unless I'm letting a child go after a deer. I'd let the does feel safe coming into the plot to feed and hope they bring the big boy with his tongue hanging out during peak rut. That back corner just calls out for a tall ladder stand....I can hear it now calling my name. :flag:

H

HT2

Delton......

Delton said:
What would you recommend for this plot? It's on the edge of a field, so it doesn't see any sunlight until around 9pm, and then it's in the sun all day except maybe the last hour, hour and a 1/2. I was thinking just a lot of oats, but the more and more I see and read about rape, I may put some of that in it also. Would it be best to plant the oats, cover them up, then top seed with the rape?

I know it needs a couple more discings, but right now, it's still a tad boggy. :D

No "SUNLIGHT" until 9:00 p.m.????????

Where is it at???? "ALASKA"!!!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Handgunner

HT2 -- Ooops! :eek: :D

Spongebob, I'm in southeast Georgia... Sandy soil, and I'll be hunting it during gun season.