Homemade calls

J.W.

Hey ya'll, I'm interested in trying to make some calls. Are there books or websites I should check out to help me get started? Any tips would be helpfull.

alex30808

Feel free to give me a call...I would be more than glad to help you in any way I can...Or...PM me with your # and a time and I'll call you.

gobblingghost

What type of call are you trying to make?

GADAWGS

You are more than welcome to come by the house any time. Plus, the CCO website is very informative.

J.W.

I appreciate it guys. I think I'll start out trying box calls first. I'll check out the CCO site.

Dudley Do-Wrong

You will find box calls more difficult to make. Not that they are actually very difficult to make, they are just more difficult to make them work than pots. I may have 3 to 4 hours in one box call and less than an hour in a pot.

JW, the CCO site has a forum and it's been down for maintenance for the past few weeks. Hopefully, it'll be back up soon.

gobblingghost

If you want to build box calls. Try and find the books or the video by Neil Cost. There is some places on the net that sell vidoes on how to build calls.

alex30808

Quote: "You are more than welcome to come by the house any time."

Ya might want to take him up on this...he never offed this to me!!! LOL.

BCC

Breed
J.W.

For turkey pot calls, Owl Hooters, Crow Calls, Duck Calls, Grunt Calls, Go buy Turning Custom Duck and Game Calls By Ed Glenn & Greg Keats. This should get you started and give you some style ideas.

Breed

J.W.

Potsticker said this thread would be killed!
I sure do appreciate the info. I'll PM some of ya'll
after the holiday craziness is over.