Coyote Hunting in GA

25Ford

I am interested in getting into some coyote hunting in GA somewhere (northern half of the state since I live in Atlanta). I am interested to hear what some of you recommend as far as electronic calls are concerned. I've been searching through this new forum briefly and some of y'all have gotten some real nice ones!
From what I've seen, it is not permitted to use electronic calls in the WMA's-is this true? Are there restrictions on the type of firearms used to hunt coyote in the WMA's also?

Schulze

25 ford Read my thread about Georgia predator regulations I posted. Most of your questions are there.

Hand calls add more to the hunt.

25Ford

Schulze,
Thanks for the info!

If I went with the electronic call, it looks like I'd be limited to National Forest land for hunting coyotes. Are there maps available of lands within the Chattahoochie National forest where hunting is legal (that ARE NOT WMA's)?

I have to make a trip to Bass Pro Shops this weekend....I may check into the hand calls there also.

Schulze

25 get the Primos pack with the video mastering the call. Also pick up Rany Andersons videos Calling all coyotes. Informative and funny.

rayjay

I did some scouting for turkeys up on Allen Creek WMA in Gainesville. Didn't see any turkey sign but did see tons of 'yote tracks. Allen Creek is archery only. You would have to be very good to get a yote into bow range.

The problem on WMA's are the reg's. There needs to be specific yote hunts.