Bob Dixon Vest vs. New Limbhanger

FLGobstopper

Has anyone seen the new Limbhanger vest up close? Any idea how it compares to the Dixon? I've got a chance to buy a Dixon for $165 from someone who's never really used it and I know he paid at least that much with shipping and all. Or I can get the new Limbhanger (which I've only seen in catalogs) for $99 plus shipping and I have some BP cards. I really, really like the Dixon but is it worth the extra money?

gobble157

Has anyone seen the new Limbhanger vest up close? Any idea how it compares to the Dixon? I've got a chance to buy a Dixon for $165 from someone who's never really used it and I know he paid at least that much with shipping and all. Or I can get the new Limbhanger (which I've only seen in catalogs) for $99 plus shipping and I have some BP cards. I really, really like the Dixon but is it worth the extra money?

The Dixon vest is sweet. Most of all I love the big seat. Patience is the true virtue to turkey hunting, which means you're going to be sitting for a bit and the Dixon seat does the trick. It also has loads of pockets and sweet striker pockets. Slate call pockets and a nifty little diaphragm pouch (I don't use it though).

David

Trizey

I believe the Dixon vest has higher quality components, such as the "Claw" shoulder straps. Probably a little heavier than the Limbhanger....

The Dixon is Limited Edition as well.... Mine is #0195

Randy

The new one is lighter and not enough difference to justify the cost difference.

Huntinfool

I saw the new one earlier today at the convention. I have a Dixon. While they are designed essentially the same, I wasn't all that impressed with the new version. It just looks and feels cheaper. Obviously, cheaper parts equals lower cost. But it's still $100, right? I'd go with the Dixon if you can get one.

Randy

Actully I'd go with the Hybrid Elite.

gottabowhunt

Dixon! #1208 here!

G Duck

Dixon #49!, I love it, Nothing but praise here. If you pass on the dixon, let me know. I would be interested in the original version.

Huntinfool

You'd have to find one that somebody wants to sell. It was a limited edition last year. They only made it that one year.

Gadget

They're very close, the limbhanger is quite a bit lighter. The biggest difference is the claw straps and all the zip compartments in the back behind the seat cushion, for decoys and such. Limbhanger just has one big one.

both are very nice

flatwoodsgobbler

I received my Limbhanger vest in the mail yesterday. I haven't personally held the Dixon vest to compare, but the Limbhanger is a nice vest. The Limbhanger has alot to offer in a turkey vest. It has everything I am looking for in a turkey vest. I have been looking for one the last couple of years but haven't found one I liked. It has a lot of bells and whistle but not to many. I definitely like the nice fat seat cushion and the pocket layout.

Huntinfool

Yeh, I don't want it to sound like I was trashing it. It's a nice vest. Probably better than most. I just think the Dixon takes it one more step up.

gobblinglawyer

The best feature on the Dixon is the magnetic seat cushion, though it has some problems at times with not attaching in the "up" position easily.

The Super Elite III looked really good and I would have bought one if it would have had the magnetic seat cushion.

jbird1

I own Dixon #1310.....I can't decide whether or not to hunt with it. Part of me wants to keep it in NEW condition and never hunt in it...but it will be tough to not utilize it in the woods. I need 2 Dixon's I guess. I also have the Limbhanger and definately will be using it this season. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Latest posts