NWTF Records ?

JFKFLA

My brother does

My brother got a 17' 7/8 long bearded turkey in butts county about 3yrs ago, at the time it was Ga. longest ever and #2 all time in the nation. His name is Joey Scanlon and he lives in Griffin.

GobblingDawg

I am tied for 3rd in the state and 9th nationwide for the longest spur on Easterns.

:fine::cool::fine::cool:

Go Dawgs and come on turkey season,
GobblingDawg

kevincox

I have a non-typical in the listings at 109.625. It was in the top ten for several years

wack em

Never killed one big enough to even think about entering

sman

I am telling the truth...

I would promise on my grand daddys grave on this. The first bird I ever killed came off Cedar Creek in 1990. It was the second afternoon of the season. I was 13 and was hunting by myself when I killed him. I killed him with a push button call. He weighed 24 lbs on certified scales, had a 12 1/4" beard, and sported two spurs just a hair over 1 1/2" long. That puts him at 78.5 and in the books at the time he was shot.
Back then neither I nor my dad knew anything about scoring birds. We wacked off the beard and spurs and ate him.

I have three listed and one I still need to. Two of the three listed are over 70 and the third is over 72. My largest is a non-typ from last year that will score over 83 when I get him entered.

jonboy

The one in my avatar scored 119.5 atypical and 74 typical with 4 beards,1.5" spurs and 22lbs.

Al White

My paperwork has been sent in for one I shot last year, it's atypical and scored just a bit over 118, he had 4 beards totalling 37 inches! He should be number 31 for Ga.

h20fowlin

Banned
The one in my avatar had 4 beards....a 10", 6", 4", 4".....

1 1/4" hooks

21lbs....

Taken in Twiggs County in 97'

Too late to enter him now....he's on the wall :(

bigdaddy5

One other point about my brother's NTWF bird that many folks don't know about... In addition to the 17.875" bearded bird that is in the record book he also shot that very same morning a 22 lb tom with an 11" beard & 1.25” spurs. According to Joey, he was very blessed that morning and he wonders if he will ever have such a great hunt again.

Wild Turkey

Whats the point. Mine get scored in my memories and on the table by the feeders of the moment. Some sort of ego self gratification I guess. Just like B&C, future downfall of deer hunting.

h20fowlin

Banned
Just like the picture of your boat there (the one in your avatar)....we take pride in things i guess.

Ego? I dont agree with that. There may be a few, but for the most part, everyone ive encountered with a record book entry, are humbled and honored.

bigdaddy5

Ego by someone else's accomplishments? No such thing. I hope what my brother and other hunters accomplish in the field can be an be inspiration to others and help promote the success of the future of hunting - just as it is an inspiration to me. Besides - it makes great camp fire fodder. Hey Wild Turkey, and others, I look forward to you gifting me with your biggest bird or largest buck stories.

Last edited: