Whitfield county?

jgates12

my roommate hunted in Whitfield County opening weekend. They heard some gobbling, but the birds hung-up on them before getting into range. He said the gobblers are around....

caver101

What part of the county yall hunting? I have not seen any recently in the normal areas I usually see them in the Rocky Face/Mill Creek area.

Tho....I did see my first hogs in Whitfield this week. Saw 12 of them all together. Now to get access to them.......

PAUL JOHNSON

I've been hunting in cohutta caver. I saw two hens yesterday but not a gobbler in sight and I've still not heard them....I bet seeing hogs in the county was a sight. If you need any help with them let me know :banana:

caver101

Will do. None of my hunting pards live around here.

They were on County owned property that is land locked with no provisions for public road access. I am working on my end to see if I can get my ATV on it. You don't want to be dragging no hog of any size out of this property, lol.

PAUL JOHNSON

I can understand that. Maybe you will get it worked out and get some biggun's out of there. I'd never guessed hogs would be in the county, good find and if you get some put up some pics.

caver101

This thread reminded me to follow up with my contact with the county. Of course they are out of the office right now......

Trizey

I've been hearing birds in that area....all of CNF land.

Wednesday morning we had quite a show, well worth the price of admission.

turkeyed

I've saw numeroud birds in the area. Carver make sure you follow up with the county about that property because it is my understanding that all county proprty is No hunting allowed. Might also contact DNR and ask them.

caver101

Thanks for the heads up. Nobody with the county has told me "no" just yet, but I will not be surprised when/if they do.....